Which primary public Schools are the Best in London?Any idea?

(16 Posts)
Mojemajko Fri 24-Jul-15 22:13:02

Which primary public Schools are the Best in London?Any idea?

Efferlunt Fri 24-Jul-15 22:14:19

Do you mean areas with good schools of the best primary schools in London?

Inkymess Fri 24-Jul-15 22:18:26

There's probably 500 and everyone has different priorities ?

MN164 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:17:37

Define "Best"

LibrariesGaveUsPower Sat 25-Jul-15 13:31:25

Do you mean state schools? in the uk a 'public' school is a very particular type of private school.

Also, it is a slightly pointless discussion since you can't entirely choose your school. It will depend on the school year you need admission for and the admission criteria - where you live, faith for a faith school etc.

RedDaisyRed Sat 25-Jul-15 16:47:26

if you mean fee paying then places like Westminster Under school and Colet court (St Paul's junior bit)

NynaevesSister Sun 26-Jul-15 10:45:49

Dulwich and Harrow are the only schools in London that I know of. Eton is very close. It depends on whether you want to board or go as a day pupil. I think Dulwich has the highest proportion if day pupils.

If you mean best state schools then you might be thinking of areas rather than specific schools. Richmond has excellent schools across the borough but not many school places available. Harrow used to have, and might still have, 100% outstanding secondary schools.

NynaevesSister Sun 26-Jul-15 10:46:27

Meant to say only public schools. Obviously there are a lot of schools in London!

RedDaisyRed Sun 26-Jul-15 10:49:28

The Americans and English mean different things by public - in the UK a public school is a fee paying school. Anyway here yes Harrow is a good example. It and Eton do not have a prep school part so you need a good prep school - day or boarding which feeds children into the better fee paying schools so schools like Westminster Under, Colet court (St Paul's) are just about the best in London for boys.

MN164 Tue 28-Jul-15 22:18:07

hmm

The idea that there are schools that are the "Best" is, in my opinion, exactly what's wrong with how many parents approach choices for their children. Is the hypothesis that every boy will suit St Pauls or Westminster? .... (chuckles to self as even these two schools are somewhat "different" to each other).

Repeat: Define "Best" ... i.e. what characteristics and features in a school would the OP think would suit for their child, in their opinion.

Belg Fri 31-Jul-15 17:06:38

We are moving to Kingtons next month from living in shanghai China for 10 years,, my 2 boys age 8-10 are going in primary school. Which school are the best for primary and Secondary schools

CruCru Fri 07-Aug-15 19:06:37

Hi Belg

I don't live in Kingston but it may be worth starting your own thread as this one has sort of petered out.

I suggest getting a copy of the Good Schools Guide South London.

MacaLoPou Sat 08-Aug-15 01:28:17

Hi... I am a Chilean mother of 3 (9,7&5) that will move to London in Jan 2016. Can you give me ideas of good boroughs to raise kids and also with good schools? Our idea is to live in central London, we have beem advised about Richmond, Fulham, Holland Park...among others. Is it too complicated to entre into a good public school? I will appreciate any help you could give us!

CruCru Fri 14-Aug-15 07:41:07

Hi MacaLoPou

Can I suggest you start your own thread? You may get some helpful responses.

GoodbyeToAllOfThat Fri 14-Aug-15 07:42:37

You should start a thread in education, where you'll get excellent advice.

GoodbyeToAllOfThat Fri 14-Aug-15 07:47:43

Oh dear, I thought this was in chat! Disregard my previous post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now