I take it all back Class Bear

(27 Posts)
catkind Thu 18-Jun-15 01:57:58

I thought the class bear was one of those awful competitive homework for parents things and would be a complete drag. I take it all back Class Bear, DS adores you and you have inspired him to do actual writing on an actual weekday evening.

FastWindow Thu 18-Jun-15 02:01:42

You must be the first to welcome him smile

I only welcomed him two weeks ago because it stopped poor ds asking 'what do I have to do to get him again?'

This after having had the damn thing only one time since last September sad where is the rota?

InexperiencedDisneyMum Thu 18-Jun-15 07:03:35

Mine are too old now but we loved having the class bear. I don't get all this angst on mumsnet with getting the bear.

lljkk Thu 18-Jun-15 07:26:42

I don't have a problem either, just afraid we'll lose him or his clothes somewhere.

lljkk Thu 18-Jun-15 07:27:07

ps: are bears always hims? Does anyone have a girl bear or girl class cuddly?

Angelto5 Thu 18-Jun-15 07:35:45

We've had Holly the panda & Ellie the elephant smile

calzone Thu 18-Jun-15 07:37:18

My class have Zigby the Zebra. smile

BikeRunSki Thu 18-Jun-15 07:39:55

Our Beaver group also has one. I live in fear of the nursery doll, class bear and Beavers beaver all coming home at the same time!

WidowWadman Thu 18-Jun-15 07:41:31

Zippy, the Preschool class rainbow merchandise toy once stopped with us for 2 months because I kept forgetting the flipping thing every morning. Apparently we weren't the only ones and several were in circulation.

DeidreChambersWhatACoincidence Thu 18-Jun-15 08:37:36

We had the Beaver from Beavers (that actually does sound quite disturbing grin). A blimmin great stuffed thing he was. And I had to lug him all round Disney because the novelty of carrying him wore off with dc about 30seconds after we arrived. I think I must have looked quite strange really.

Poledra Thu 18-Jun-15 09:16:27

The thing I am most looking forward to when my youngest DD leaves Rainbows for Brownies next term is that I will never have to see sodding Olivia ever again. I may have a little celebration...

catkind Thu 18-Jun-15 09:39:31

And even better, Class Bear's book is so teeny that at most 3 parents get to see DS dreadful handwriting and our uninspired bear entertainment skills. And lives in a zip pocket inside bear for minimal losing potential. We still nearly forgot to take it back this morning... We had girl bear, I think there may be boy bear in circulation too from what DS said.

MrsChocolateBrownie Thu 18-Jun-15 11:37:08

grin I too love the class dog (gender unknown!) coming home to inspire ds' to write at home. Also saves me writing an 'exciting' paragraph about what spotty got up to at ours, as he usually comes home the days I work so all we do is cook tea, play a little then bed!

BertPuttocks Thu 18-Jun-15 11:41:29

Dd got hers in early September. I was pleased because it meant that we would be free of the thing for the rest of the year.

Then in mid-May, dd came running happily across the playground to tell me that she'd been allowed to take it home for a second time.

Lucky us. hmm

UKSky Thu 18-Jun-15 14:28:45

In DD's reception class, the bear NEVER comes home. The children take it in turns to look after him during the day, and he joins in with everything that child is doing.

Brilliant idea

FrozenAteMyDaughter Thu 18-Jun-15 16:20:12

DD has only had the class bear once this year (he comes home with Child of the Day), but has solved the problem by choosing an identical one from Build a Bear and giving it the same name (bought with left over birthday money originally set aside for a wildly overpriced Minion). I am not sure whether to be impressed or concerned about this sideways approach to achieving her aims.

ragged Thu 18-Jun-15 17:13:41

You get the bear more than once a year??

Heels99 Fri 19-Jun-15 09:50:22

Parents make a right old fuss about the bear I have no idea why. You get a toy for the weekend. You can write in its book or draw a picture . Job done.

RustyBear Fri 19-Jun-15 17:40:56

BikeRunSki - I would much rather have them all together and get it all over in one weekend! You could write all about how they met new friends and had group sex a party...

AuntieStella Fri 19-Jun-15 18:42:49

'ps: are bears always hims? Does anyone have a girl bear or girl class cuddly?'

Ours was Alice

Angelto5 Fri 19-Jun-15 18:46:26

We have the class bear (actually it's a panda called holly) as my dd(6) was star of the week today smile

twinkletoedelephant Fri 19-Jun-15 20:51:43

We have a bear for ds2 and ds1 is a dragon and is either a girl or a boy depending on what child you speak too :-)

Magicalmrmistofeles Fri 19-Jun-15 20:53:24

God, my twins start in September - do you think we'll have to host twice??

AuntieStella Fri 19-Jun-15 21:09:25

Either that, or you'll get him/her for a whole half term hols so they can both have lots of time grin

Rugbylovingmum Fri 19-Jun-15 22:17:17

At DD1's school the bear only comes home for one night (unless it is a weekend or hols) and there are only 18 kids in the class so they all have several turns. I think we have had it home 3 times for one night and it also came home over one half term. We were away in Scotland and I spent most of the hols checking it was still with us! DD1 loves it though and it doesn't take long to fill in the diary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now