havent heard from the primary school yet

(10 Posts)
leyse22 Tue 05-May-15 12:08:18

my daughter was accepted in to an outer borough school, we accepted the place but i still havent had a welcome pack from the school, i called up the school they said they havent sent of their letters yet but that was 2weeks ago, im just getting worried as i would like to buy the uniform. What would you do?

PrincessOfChina Tue 05-May-15 12:09:45

I wouldn't expect to hear yet. I'd only worry by June tbh.

I won't be buying uniform until August!

RatOnnaStick Tue 05-May-15 12:11:46

The final date for accepting a place is 15th May so I imagine, like our school, they will wait until after this. I'm only going in with proof of address etc this week.

redskybynight Tue 05-May-15 12:17:27

I wouldn't expect anything until half term at least! If you really want to buy uniform now (much better to wait until June/July as shops tend to do sales) - surely you must have a vague idea about what is required (just go and stand outside school!)

leyse22 Tue 05-May-15 12:33:54

the school she goes to most of the uniform will have to come from hewitts as its not a normal white polo top and grey skirt or trousers, i know my friends have had their childrens school welcome packs, so i was getting worried, i will wait until end of may

Mopmay Tue 05-May-15 13:19:08

Ours is June. Most schools have info on web site??

noramum Tue 05-May-15 14:41:18

I agree, if it comes mid-May it will be early.

We had a parent evening in June and three welcome afternoons for the children in July before they broke for the Summer holidays.

Unless you have specific issues like SEN I would just relax and wait. The schools are still waiting for the final numbers and names to be confirmed, they don't want to waste time and resources just yet.

If the school has a website maybe browse it for some information and see if they do a school fair, DD loved going to the one and having a sneak pre-view of things to come.

DuelingFanjo Tue 05-May-15 14:43:30

I contacted my school and they said they would be sending out letters this week. Where I am the deadline for accepting a place is Friday so I am guessing the letters will go out then - for an open day in June.

Galena Tue 05-May-15 19:04:04

We didn't get our letters from the school until after half term. SATs week next week, and they'll want to get that out of the way first.

Littlefish Wed 06-May-15 12:55:48

I work in a school. We have been told by the Local Authority Admissions team that we won't be sent out finalised admission list until the week before half term! At his means that we have had to delay sending out information packs until we know who is actually going to be getting the places.

We had the initial list at the same time as parents found out, but there is always some movement in the list after places have been allocated.

I would wait at least another couple of weeks before panicking OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now