How much feedback

(4 Posts)
Imperialleather2 Tue 05-May-15 10:32:02

Ds is in reception and I just don't feel.as though I have an idea as to.how he's progressed.
We've had a report and a parents evening and they've just said he's doing fine. They write in his reading log twice a week.

I suppose I would know if there were any problems but I just don't really feel as if I have 'feel' as to how he's doing.
Don your think I.should request a meeting with his,teacher and if so what would I ask specificall?

Thanks

redskybynight Tue 05-May-15 12:19:05

What do you want to know? presumably it must be something specific that hasn't been answered by either report or parents meeting? I'd go in and ask the specific question, rather than just saying something general like "I want to know how DS is getting on" - which will just give you a general answer!

EvilSidekick Tue 05-May-15 12:27:07

OP I could have written your post. Are all your questions just answered with vague and generic comments so you're left with no idea how he is doing?

Mopmay Tue 05-May-15 13:29:10

I think that's common feeling. We have had one parents eve and one report. We have another parent eve in June - I believe DC doing well, but I'd be nervy if they weren't as Id want to know sooner. I think it's normal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now