Things that make you proud in school reports (that are NOT related to NC levels)

(68 Posts)
Hooliesmoolies Wed 09-Jul-14 16:07:57

Last year I remember a thread which was basically everyone sharing things from school reports that they were proud of, that had nothing to do with NC levels. It just about made me cry with the lovely things everyone was proud of. So, everyone, please share smile.

For me, I was really proud that the teacher said that my DD always had lovely ideas for her writing. I was also really proud that she had moved from virtually being a selective mute with the teachers (for two terms), to choosing to stand up one day in front of the class and talk to the class about her fairies she had brought in. Apparently she didn't say much, but she was happy telling everyone about them nonetheless. grin

Adikia Sun 13-Jul-14 22:47:56

year 5 DS - 'x has suggested some wonderful ideas to encourage others to share his love of sport, which i look forward to trying next year' (his school have just introduced a sports council).

Also his HT comment which is written to DS rather than me says 'Well done x, you have worked really hard this year and are known throughout the school as a friendly, helpful and intelligent young man and your smile brightens up the school' - DS has had a rough few years and has struggled with depression so this really is a big achievement for him (and makes me very proud of the HT too, she really has bent over backwards to help DS through it).

Reception DD - 'x never fails to try her hardest' and 'x shows a real love of learning' grin imo those are the most important things for a young child to learn.

ThatBloodyWoman Sun 13-Jul-14 22:51:57

I got 'ThatBloodyChild is a pleasure to teach'

< swells with pride >

racmun Sun 13-Jul-14 22:59:16

Ds who is finishing Pre school got

'Miniracmun's confidence is growing daily....'
'He is a very happy motivated boy who is also a thoughtful and kind friend to his peers'

I had tears in my eyes when I read this.

steppemum Sun 13-Jul-14 23:02:17

I still get teary eyed at dd report from 2 years ago, she had a lovely teacher who was leaving. She wrote that dd was a delight to have in the class and she will miss her.

gamescompendium Mon 14-Jul-14 00:41:37

DD1 adores her Y1 teacher and is quite sad that she's only got a week left of being taught by her. The feeling is mutual, the teacher told me she'd happily come in on a Saturday to teach DD1.

DD2 is a bit of a charmer, to the extent that her teacher said 'she just looks at me with those big eyes and says 'may I go to the toilet?' and my heart just melts!'. Made me giggle a bit but so true.

Bunnyjo Mon 14-Jul-14 11:39:32

DD's report said "MiniBunny is a thoughtful, caring and hard working girl. She has been an absolute pleasure to teach again this year."

My friend's boy, who is in the same class. Had a comment which read "X is a live wire and his favourite time of the day is break time, when he can go and play football!" My friend said that summed him up perfectly grin

KittiesInsane Mon 14-Jul-14 11:43:42

(DD End of year 6):

'We will all miss MiniKitty immensely. In the nicest possible way, she is one of a kind.'

(DS end of yr 11):
'He has blossomed so much over the past year and has shown real strength of character'

Elibean Mon 14-Jul-14 12:15:25

I have a sports-averse dd1, who used to hate nothing more than sport's day.

Last year's Y4 report said she'd had a brilliant attitude in PE and tried hard, which - being honest here - was a massive surprise. We were thrilled with that, from a health and attitude point of view!

picnicbasketcase Mon 14-Jul-14 12:20:27

DD is kind, helpful, hardworking, and imaginative. Couldn't ask for nicer adjectives. grin

Bumpsadaisie Mon 14-Jul-14 12:53:18

The headline on my DDs first ever school report was that she had settled well and her teacher has enjoyed seeing how very much DD enjoys being with her friends. smile

(Am aware this could be report speak for "little bumps treats the whole school experience like an extended birthday party").

Fab41 Mon 14-Jul-14 13:08:23

My favourite comment in yr5 DS's report this year was 'He has a range of highly sophisticated avoidance techniques when it comes to handwriting'.... so proud grin

gingercat12 Mon 14-Jul-14 13:40:11

"Every class needs a Gingerboy. I will miss him, but I know he will make me proud." Or something to that effect, because DS (Y1) throws himself into any topic and is very enthusiastic. I nearly cried. As far as I can tell she wrote very individual and warm reports to all of Gingerboy's friends. Thank you lovely teachers!

defineme Mon 14-Jul-14 13:57:12

gingercat that made me cry-how lovely.
my lots reports were lovely particularly dd's saying she knows when to have a laugh and when to get on. However what msde me so very proud this year was sports day -the whole of the year group age 9 and 10 clapped the losers of every race as hard as the winners, they shouted keep going at those who flagged and hugged the losers as well as the winners-so impressed!
My all time favourite comment was ds1 (asd) year 1 teacher shaking my hand and saying it was a privilege to have taught him-inclusion is about valuing my boy just as he is.

Heels99 Mon 14-Jul-14 13:59:17

Whaypt do teachers put on the reports of the naughty/disruptive children? As nobody ever seems to get a report saying their child is a pain in the neck, are only nice things allowed on reports?

LadyRainicorn Mon 14-Jul-14 14:21:04

Well I'm not sure that 'starting to listen to other people with respect' is a ringing endorsement of my eldest's ability to work with others (or the 'becoming more able to participate equally as a team') but I'm so proud of herfor the 'sensible, hard working girl who always tries hard to do her best'

CoffeeChocolateWine Mon 14-Jul-14 14:29:22

My DS is just finishing his reception year. I have two favourtie parts from his report. The first one made my heart swell with pride and second just made me laugh!

[DS] said to a boy in his class "would you like to play with me while your friend is away", demostrating his gentler, caring side.

And...

[DS] was a great leader and motivated his team by chanting "can we build it?" and all his building team replied "yes we can".

Adikia Mon 14-Jul-14 15:31:40

Heels - I can remember my big brother once got 'x can be a lovely child when he wants to be but needs support to develop a positive attitude towards school work, staff and other children' which i think basically translates to 'x can be a real shit at times' and DD had a comment this year about 'x needs to learn when it is appropriate to be talking and when it is not'

so there are negative comments on reports, I think people just don't share them as much.

BackforGood Mon 14-Jul-14 15:33:58

Heels - there are lots of ways of letting people know the honest truth, but you just have to think carefully how to phrase it. This OP asked for nice things though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now