primary school place

(11 Posts)
charlz43 Thu 01-May-14 20:13:50

Im awaiting an appeal for my primary school for this sep as we didnt get any of our school choices. I have contacted my primary school and they have an intake of 61 how is this possible when the class size limits are 30? Will this help me with my appeal?

meditrina Thu 01-May-14 20:18:45

No, it won't help with your appeal (sorry) if it is an ICS appeal. It is likely to mean either than a mistake has already been discovered, or the 60th child,was one of twins. In both those cases an extra child an be admitted as an excepted pupil.

Is this for a reception place, or a different primary year group?

charlz43 Thu 01-May-14 20:22:48

Its for reception year I'm currently waiting for 3 appeal dates trying to grasp at anything which might help.

frillysockmum Thu 01-May-14 20:32:14

I suspect it's twins. We have 4 sets in my dd year!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 01-May-14 20:35:28

Also, two pupils would have to leave before a waiting list space became free sad

charlz43 Thu 01-May-14 20:38:00

Oh well will keep looking then. Does anyone know if they send stats about the children that were accepted such as distance away etc before your appeal ?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 01-May-14 20:48:48

Yes, they should send any info you reasonably request.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 01-May-14 20:49:33

Have you been offered a place somewhere? Are you on the waiting list for all your choices?

charlz43 Thu 01-May-14 21:13:59

We have been offered a place out thea area we live and have got on waiting list for the preferred schools in order we are 7,1,1 and 18th.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 01-May-14 22:28:57

Ok, so you have a good chance at your second and third choices. Did you accept your out of area place? Are you able to visit that school?

Are you just thinking of appealing your first choice?

RiverTam Thu 01-May-14 22:33:51

as far as I know you will only win an appeal if you can prove that the council have cocked it up (i.e. got your address wrong).

If you are first on 2 waiting lists then you should be fine, so I wouldn't bother appealing.

one school near us had a one form entry, but had 33 children one year, all of whom were siblings!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now