Year 6 Leavers' Gift - any ideas?

(23 Posts)
HappyMummyOfOne Thu 01-May-14 21:40:36

Ours is a small year group, they tend to get something they can use at secondary school so a scientific calculator, maths set etc.

Jinty64 Wed 30-Apr-14 22:41:17

Our school give French or Gaelic dictionaries depending on which language they have chosen to learn at secondary.

Leeds2 Wed 30-Apr-14 21:46:47

That is fab, Bruffin.

My DD got an engraved pen, and a dictionary suitable for use at senior school.

Lots of her new friends at senior school had leavers' hoodies, with 09 (year of leaving in big letters (numbers, lol) in the middle on the back, and the childrens' names written in alphabetical order written around it.

Sunnymeg Wed 30-Apr-14 21:33:07

Our PTA pays for a class photo. which all the year 6's get a copy of. DS also got the choice of a book worth up to £7.

bruffin Fri 25-Apr-14 15:04:40

I just remembered, they sponsored a tiger at the local zoo for the class too.

Cazzi Fri 25-Apr-14 14:59:25

Thanks for the recommendation pottymum1972 I'll go and check it out.

pottymum1972 Fri 25-Apr-14 14:47:13

I am also on a PTA and for the last 5 years we have funded a memory book which doubles up as a photo/autograph book. The parents and children always seem happy with it - www.imperial-marketing.co.uk

Cazzi Fri 25-Apr-14 14:41:04

Thank you all. I can go to the next PTA meeting armed with a lot of wonderful ideas. I think a memory book would certainly make a lovely keepsake. If anyone could recommend a tried and tested one, that would be great.

mostlysinging Fri 25-Apr-14 12:46:07

Our school gives the leavers a sweatshirt with year on the back made up of their names.

They also get a photobook at the leavers party which is essentially paid for by the parents of the children.

Photo memory book, includes specially made ones of the staff doing silly things, messages from the staff, photos from all their special events over the years. The Year 6 teacher organises it, the PTA pays for it.

feetheart Fri 25-Apr-14 12:33:51

We only started this a few years ago but we get the leavers an autograph book and a pen.

We give it to them at their leavers' party a few days before school finishes and they spend the rest of the time getting people to sign them - has proved HUGELY popular and not to pricey.

bruffin Fri 25-Apr-14 12:33:32

Dd got a usb stick with photos of the class on it.

Nowitscleanugobshite Fri 25-Apr-14 12:24:53

Leavers year book and tshirt with class photo on front/list of names on back. My DS is now 16 and still wears his. Apparently it makes him look "buff" as it's tight and shows off his muscles! Plus the "fit" girls come over to get a "closer look at the photograph"!!!!!

PastSellByDate Fri 25-Apr-14 12:00:31

If your school doesn't want to go the bible route (which ours does because it is a faith school)

You could consider buying appropriate gift for senior school:

calculator
Helix Oxford Maths set

My brother teaches in the US - they give the children a new notepad with the front and back covers made up of a collage of pictures of their primary school & friends there. Somehow they do manage to ensure that everybody appears on that cover.

HTH

OldBeanbagz Fri 25-Apr-14 11:54:48

DD got a photo memory book and a hoodie.

TeenAndTween Fri 25-Apr-14 11:36:23

Leavers T shirt
School logo, leavers 2014 and list of names.
They can get it signed by the rest of the year too.

Not too expensive, our PTA doesn't have loads of funds.

tiggytape Fri 25-Apr-14 11:19:44

amid not amis of course. I just looked it up again.

tiggytape Fri 25-Apr-14 11:18:59

We got a photocopy of an inspiring poem about leading a productive life!
"Go placidly amis the noise and haste......"

I am guessing the current Year 6's may be about as impressed with that as we were!

TheOriginalSteamingNit Fri 25-Apr-14 11:04:15

Ours got a mug and a notebook - they each designed their own name with illustrations around it, and could decide which other names they wanted near their, and the mug and book were printed up for them like that.

It was lovely!

Lilaclily Fri 25-Apr-14 11:03:34

photo book with photos throughout school career
ours put them on a white board during leavers assembly and it's a complete sob fest

SatansFurryJamHats Fri 25-Apr-14 11:02:38

Memory book from the PTA funds, that is, not the Church.

SatansFurryJamHats Fri 25-Apr-14 11:02:12

Our Leavers get a Memory Book and a Bible from the Diocese as it's a faith school.

Cazzi Fri 25-Apr-14 10:58:00

I'm on the PTA at my son's school and we're looking for a gift to present to the Year 6 children at the end of term. Our school has never done this before and I'm just wondering what other schools do and what has proved popular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now