Norwich Schools

(4 Posts)
CallMeLoretta Sun 09-Mar-14 07:26:30

Hi

My DH has just got a job in Norwich, beginning mid-April. We have a 2.9 year old and an 8 week old baby, so need to think about preschools and primary, and not much time to find somewhere to rent.

We have some knowledge of the city, but this comes from living there as students ten years ago, so priorities are a bit different!

The Golden Triangle is what we're familiar with, but we're not sure if it's going to be right for us now with a young family, especially as we might be priced out of buying there longer term.

We did think Eaton would be our best bet, but the primary school there seems to have some problems?

Cringleford is a bit of an unknown quantity, what is there?

Thorpe St Andrew looks nice, but not sure how easy it is to get into the city from there, and also not sure about schools or play areas? Saw Hillside Primary, looks a nice school, but Ofsted not great so confused.

Hethersett and Wymondham look like good options for outside the city, but have no idea what they are like to commute from and worry there would be a lack of rental properties.

Basically, all I've got to go on is a map and Ofsted reports so anyone with some actual experience of any of these areas and schools would be really helpful, before I drive myself mad going from one to the other!

TIA

Ihearthickson Sun 09-Mar-14 07:56:45

Eaton and Cringleford are lovely. Very family friendly. Eaton has had issues with school but I think that has changed. Wymondham is great - all schools excellent. Dead easy to get into city. Hethersett is a bit no man land - village between Norwich and Wymondham - I wouldn't and schools have issues. Thorpe St Andrew very nice, but the only rentals you will find are on the vast Dussindale estate. Not for everyone. Schools good though. Golden triangle lovely but high demand for schools, decent rentals and full of students. Closest to the city though.

CallMeLoretta Sun 09-Mar-14 08:32:14

Thanks that's all very helpful, we did think if Eaton was generally a nice area then a lot could change in a year or so regarding the school.

Hethersett looked nice but I did have doubts about what choice you would have when you get to Secondary age.

Will have a closer look at Wymondham, too.

CallMeLoretta Sun 09-Mar-14 18:14:57

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now