The Rowans vs. WCPS

(4 Posts)
anu81 Sat 15-Feb-14 13:33:49

My DS has been offered a place in Reception 2015 at Rowans and WCPS. I'm looking for comments from mums whose children might have attended or are currently attending either of these schools to help me decide ... I like both schools although felt that Rowans had a bit more personal touch in welcoming parents and answering questions while the children were being assessed in a separate room.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Clothqueen Sat 15-Feb-14 23:33:23

My son is going to WCPS in September. Both schools are very good. If you want to have a crack at KCJS then WCPS seems to do a bit better but that does not mean its a better school. It might mean that Rowans only gets children in who can manage in a super selective environment. You would have to decide that knowing your son and where you would like him to go. My other DS is already at KCJS so its a no brainer in terms of pick up and drop off as right opposite.

anu81 Sun 16-Feb-14 17:31:13

Thanks for your reply. We would love to send him to KCJS and that is why we applied to these 2 schools for primary education. However the confusing decision is whether to send him to WCPS where the focus is to prepare boys for KCJS or to Rowans for a more well rounded development so that he is ready for other good schools as well if he doesn't get in to KCJS. On the other hand, before and after school arrangement is better at WCPS which is quite important too as I work full time.

If you work as well, how did you manage the out of school care?

dancingdolphin2012 Wed 08-Jun-16 16:28:20

Hi anu81, we are in the same situation as yours in 2014, I believe you son has been to either of the schools. any advice for us? Really appreciate. The Rowans will have new head from this year and that's another concern from us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now