Charlotte House school vs Heatherton House school

(6 Posts)
tigerrsc Wed 29-Jan-14 20:55:03

Hi

I am trying to decide between 2 schools for my DD. I like both schools when I went round them with the heads and am now very confused. One is an easier commute from my DS school but I want to choose the best school for her not the best for me to drive to….

She is a tomboy, loves chatting and making things and is enthusiastic about everything…….

Help please

tigerrsc Thu 30-Jan-14 13:07:23

Does anyone have a child that goes to either of these schools?

Thanks

MillyMollyMama Thu 30-Jan-14 14:08:50

I do not have a child at the schools but I do know that Heatherton House has a link with Berkhamsted School. Their list of destination schools is less impressive than Charlotte House. Many from Charlotte House appear to go to top girls' boarding schools whereas Heatherton House go to mainly local day schools. I think what you want in the future is a consideration when choosing as Charlotte House does not appear to be too tuned in to the a Bucks Grammar Schools and the Bucks 11+. I would clarify destinations with them. Also how much sport, art, music, extra curricular activities do you want? Small schools can seem chlostrophobic for older children who want greater opportunities and time with like minded people, eg playing sport, orchestra, drama. Will the schools satisfy your requirements for thus later on?

Also, if you live in Amersham why would you not choose Godstowe Prep at High Wycombe? This is the top school in the area for girls and has everything you could possibly want.

tigerrsc Thu 30-Jan-14 14:40:27

we don't live in Amersham but near Chipperfield, so High Wycombe is just too far for us.

Thank you for your thoughts on future destinations and clubs. I will have a think.

tigerrsc Fri 31-Jan-14 11:24:58

Some of my son's friends have daughters who went through Charlotte House school and they were very happy, albeit their daughters thought the school small by the time they left.

I do not know anyone who had a daughter at Heatherton House school. However, the headmaster and staff seem really good and I got a nice vibe from the place. Does anyone have a daughter currently at this school?

HeathertonDad Wed 23-Apr-14 22:41:57

Have a look at Chesham Prep. It is the most local to you and has great facilities, much better than Heatherton.
My daughter went to Heatherton - big mistake. She had two classmates who left in favour of Chesham Prep and both parents were very pleased they changed.
Haresfoot and Berkhamsted are not that far from you but I don't know if either are any good.
Also consider Ley Hill, an excellent local school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now