Putney or Wimbledon High for prep?

(6 Posts)
glass2014 Wed 29-Jan-14 16:46:39

We are considering enrolling our 3yr old DD to Putney High or Wimbledon High next year. We would appreciate any advice and parent experiences from those with girls who have or still do attend the schools. We would really appreciate good AND bad points. They both seem similar but have heard one of them has had problems with bullying.

We have heard there is an "ethnic bloc" at one of the schools, but don't know if that's true. We value diversity but do not want to send our DD to a school where one group "sticks together."

Please no judgements, but feedback/experience appreciated.

glass2014 Wed 29-Jan-14 18:43:23

Putney High vs Wimbledon High

shoutymcshoutsmum Thu 30-Jan-14 10:23:10

My daughter is at PHS and she loves it. She and I think it is a wonderful school. I have friends with daughters at WHS, they all love their school too. I think if your daughter got into either, she is very lucky.

We have a variety of ethnic backgrounds at our school so talk of an "ethnic bloc" doesn't ring true to me. I also think people can perceive or experience bullying at any school. I would not put a great deal of weight behind any anecdotes you hear.

Primafacie Thu 30-Jan-14 22:44:12

DD is at Wimbledon High and she loves it. We had offers at both schools, they both looked great but WH is more local to us. We have no regrets, it is a lovely school. In my DD's year there are at least 10 different ethnicities, probably more. There is no ethnic block, and I'm not aware of any bullying issue. The school seems very nurturing.

As a previous poster said, your DD will be lucky to be at either school.

Schmedz Fri 31-Jan-14 18:03:16

I have a DD at WHS and I can only assume that the rumours you have heard have been started by bitter people whose children didn't get in, because there is nothing anything like what you are talking about at WHS. DD started in Year 3 and immediately felt more welcome there than at her other private girls' junior school. She is thriving academically, and she's happy and has friends of many nationalities and ethnicities. I have never known a school which seems so cohesive, actually...
Of course it isn't perfect, but no school is. I feel very lucky my DD has the chance to be educated there.

glass2014 Sat 01-Feb-14 11:23:23

Thanks very much for all of your feedback and experiences. All very good to hear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now