help !!

(4 Posts)
lilsaint Mon 20-Jan-14 22:39:07

im moving to baring road in northampton and i cant seam to find a school close ? any one know any good schools in that area? (i dont drive)
also is it a good area to live in ? and what dose dd and ds mean everyone keeps wrighting it :/

ErrolTheDragon Mon 20-Jan-14 22:43:14

I don't know anything about Northampton, but DD/DS is short for Dear (or Darling) Daughter/Son. There's lots of acronyms used on MN, some of the common ones are listed here.

If you don't get any responses to your question here, might be worth trying on a Mumsnet Local thread for your area.

There is a booklet on the county council website that explains how to apply for a school place just click here - the booklet is the first link (in blue)

The booklet has maps of the different areas of the county. Look at each one to find your road - the primary schools will be marked on it and you will be able to see which ones are closer. The booklet should have phone numbers for the schools - give them a ring and ask to have a look around. Judge them for yourself in person if possible.

I don't know Northampton very well so can't tell you about the area, sorry.

lilsaint Mon 20-Jan-14 23:11:05

thanks everyone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now