best slim school pinafores?

(26 Posts)
nonicknameseemsavailable Sat 04-Jan-14 14:52:02

DD1 is very tall and skinny. Most pinafores look ridiculous on her because they are so wide and due to styles they don't often lend themselves to being taken in (and still be possible to take on and off easily). Any suggestions? She has just turned 6 but her age 8-9 M&S pinafore is WAY above her knees. Perhaps it is just me and they aren't supposed to reach their knees, I do see a lot of short ones around but I prefer her to have something a bit longer, winter is cold enough without wearing a miniskirt.

nonicknameseemsavailable Sun 05-Jan-14 16:12:44

she is only in Yr1 and wants a pinafore like her friends. last year and this year she has had 1 skirt and 1 pinafore so she could alternate them depending on her mood. She won't wear trousers but like you say starballbunny they probably wouldn't fit any better.

Her skirt is a sainsburys 8-9, too short but acceptable because she can pull it down to sit on her hips, adjustable waist is pulled in as tight as it goes, the 9-10 was a better length on her but we couldn't get the waist in far enough.

I don't understand why they think all children are wide rectangles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now