SAT's results not published

(42 Posts)
wowzah Tue 17-Dec-13 20:59:19

Ds's school always features in the top 5 in the league tables for SAT's, the head is always very keen to shout this from the roof tops, despite not agreeing with SAT's hmm
This year the school is at the bottom with all the results marked as 0%, why might this be?

PiqueABoo Sat 21-Dec-13 16:47:18

OK..... so it's the same data behind the scenes (I hadn't noticed the accidental two schools on line five in @spanieleyes list and was wondering where the 25th school went).

lljkk Sat 21-Dec-13 12:24:52

spanieleyes Sat 21-Dec-13 09:44:36

No, it's from the education section of the bbc website, the link above takes you to it. They are usually pretty accurate and the links lead to the DfE schools and statistics section for each of the listed schools, from where it is possible to see which set of results have been annulled.

PiqueABoo Fri 20-Dec-13 21:49:28

Where did you get that list? Via the DfE's (not-small) KS2 SATS spreadsheet?

spanieleyes Fri 20-Dec-13 20:42:44

Not sure, although for some schools not all the results have been annulled ( so maths might be annulled but reading was OK etc) Perhaps the children have been given teacher assessment levels ( which SHOULD be done for writing but not the others)
If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-25342353 you can click on the link for your school and see which ones were annulled!

TheBigBangTheory Fri 20-Dec-13 20:26:47

Blimey! My childs school is listed there- quite worrying that i know people with children who took SATS this year who hve been given their results- albeit late due to apparent re marking but no mention of an annaulment?! How can this be??

spanieleyes Fri 20-Dec-13 19:53:43

All Saints Anglican/Methodist Primary School Nottinghamshire
Broughton Primary School Cumbria
Charborough Road Primary School South Gloucestershire
Chestnuts Primary School Haringey
Church Vale Primary School and Foundation Unit Nottinghamshire Holsworthy Church of England Primary School Devon
Merchants' Academy Bristol, City of
Newton Farm Nursery, Infant and Junior School Harrow
Oakridge Primary School Staffordshire
Regents Park Community Primary School Birmingham
Shaftesbury Park Primary School Wandsworth
Smallthorne Primary School Stoke-on-Trent
South Norwood Primary School Croydon
St Agnes School Cornwall
St Edward's Catholic Primary Derbyshire
St Luke's Catholic Primary School Cheshire West and Chester
St Margaret's Church of England (Aided) Junior School Devon
St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Poole Poole
St Matthew's Church of England Primary School Gloucestershire
Stockbridge Village Primary School Knowsley
Sutton Road Primary School Nottinghamshire
The Green Way Academy Kingston Upon Hull, City of
The Lincoln Manor Leas Junior School (SHUT) Lincolnshire
Usworth Grange Primary School Sunderland
Whitleigh Community Primary School Plymouth

are the schools where maladministration has caused the results to be annulled.

wowzah Fri 20-Dec-13 19:07:06

I have now called, The department of education, ofsted and somewhere else which the name of escapes me and things are no clearer, I have been passed from pillar to post really, the last place told me I could get a response by asking in writing so I intend to do that.
A friend of mine has asked one of the Governors at the school today and has been told it is due to an admin error, which frankly I do not believe, If that were the case the head would have released a statement saying just that, I'm suspecting that his silence means one thing.Guilt.

admission Thu 19-Dec-13 22:41:23

Have you checked for your school under http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance/

If it is 0% on there then something has happened at the school and you as parents have a right to know what is going on. I would ask in writing for an answer and not accept anything but a clear unabridged version of events.
I would suspect that a rapid visit from our favourite inspectors is on the cards if anything has been going on, because it puts into question everything about the performance of pupils in the school and what the school is saying.

Pooka Thu 19-Dec-13 18:53:31

How horrid for the children if they have annulled results. All that effort.

Just goes to show how desperate schools are to show progress and attainment on the basis of one week of testing and what massive pressure they're under.

I have my suspicions about the top performing school near us. But at the same time, since 28 of the 30 cohort have been privately tutored the results are always going to look pretty amazing. Is a church school within incredibly affluent area with minuscule catchment even for parishioners.

wowzah Thu 19-Dec-13 18:41:26

Talkinpeace on our schools data there are a few n/a on the maths expected progress section and the value added but apart from that results wise it states 0%.

TalkinPeace Thu 19-Dec-13 18:05:29

OP
here is what an annulled data set looks like
www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/schools/performance/school.pl?urn=138218&superview=pri&qtype=LA
what does it show for your school?

lljkk Thu 19-Dec-13 17:36:40

Call OfQual.

Feenie Thu 19-Dec-13 14:30:05

We had a problem with an exam board and took it as far as we could - a review of the review of the review! Our published result was the percentage at the time - but no exam board will give 0%. 0% is only given when every result is annulled because of maladministration.

tiggytape Thu 19-Dec-13 13:52:27

Write to the Governors and ask for an explanation. What the office staff have said or been told to say does not tally with them being awarded 0%. They don't choose to get 0%, they have been told that this is what they've been given.
But then they're hardly likely to say "we got caught cheating" or "we totally messed up the exam days and got disqualified"

I do think parents have the right to know though and these things are often buried by schools for obvious reasons. A school near us had a problem with an exam board. However all the letters to parents explaining their child's lack of marks blamed everyone else to the extent that some parents still think it was an extrernal error of some kind and not something that was the school's doing.

Feenie Thu 19-Dec-13 12:52:53

All marking review dates have passed, and even if that had been the case the original percentage of passes would have been published.

TalkinPeace Thu 19-Dec-13 11:45:00

call ofqual

wowzah Thu 19-Dec-13 11:27:24

I just called the school office and have been told it's down to 'marking issues' and rather than putting out incomplete results it has gone down as 0%.
What do you think?

lljkk Thu 19-Dec-13 09:34:53

ask ask ask

temporary Thu 19-Dec-13 09:25:42

Have you asked yet?

wowzah Thu 19-Dec-13 07:08:13

Could this have an effect on their current 'outstanding' rating?

TalkinPeace Wed 18-Dec-13 21:29:24

there were 25 schools who had their results annulled - as per the BBC link
ask the school and ask Ofsted

wowzah Wed 18-Dec-13 21:26:19

It isnt any of the schools posted and there is nothing to be found on google or in the press, it is definately 0% across the board so I can't understand why?

HmmAnOxfordComma Wed 18-Dec-13 21:03:50

A school in our vicinity has had its results quashed for cheating this year (also a 'top' school).

But that was all over the local news so you know about it if it was them.

mrz Wed 18-Dec-13 20:07:39

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now