NW5/ N19 schools advice please?

(6 Posts)
chococcino Sun 08-Dec-13 08:56:48

My DS1 is starting Reception in September 2014 and we are considering our choices for Primary School.

I am interested to hear about anybody's experiences of Brookfield Primary School N19 versus other schools in the area.

nlondondad Sun 08-Dec-13 18:55:44

if you are close to Brookfield then you are fortunate to be in an area with a number of good schools, althought the radius of admission can be rather small.

I have always heard good things of Brookfield.

chococcino Sun 08-Dec-13 20:10:08

Thanks nlondondad, we are hoping for Brookfield but our street is sometimes in, sometimes out. Eleanor Palmer is closest but no chance of a place there! Hargrave park a possibility as is gospel oak.

Quangle Mon 09-Dec-13 17:00:29

DNs are at Brookfield and have always been happy there. It's a good school with a committed parent group. I'd be very happy for my DCs to go there but we are in another borough.

PaperMover Tue 10-Dec-13 00:01:20

We really liked hargrave park, I preferred it to other much sought after schools, yes EP, that means you... Dc was all set to go to hp but ended up with a school much nearer to us. I do know parents who really wanted Yerbury but got Hargrave Park and wouldn't now change if a place came up at Yerbury.

I know people with children at Brookfield and they all seem to like it. Is there anything specific you are interested in?

Sorry, not much help. However with EP as your nearest community school you don't have much real choice I guess?

chococcino Tue 10-Dec-13 20:40:37

Thanks, PaperMover.

I have similarly heard of families who wanted one school (Brookfield, Yerbury) but got Hargrave and are very happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now