With the big freeze coming, how do you keep boys' legs warm on the school run?

(58 Posts)
werenotreallyhere Mon 18-Nov-13 11:44:32

Do people tend to put thermals under the trousers, put on a big old snow suit, or something else? Just trying to get organised before everything sells out! Thanks in advance

Margetts Tue 19-Nov-13 22:34:14

Are they the cheap polyester shorts or knee length wool ones?

Artandco Tue 19-Nov-13 22:36:22

Russian - 2 year old here manages to pull pants, tights and trousers down without peeing all over them so I'm sure most school age can

busylizzie76 Tue 19-Nov-13 22:37:35

Knee length (or just above) wool shorts

Margetts Tue 19-Nov-13 22:39:48

Thanks busylizzie76!

RussianBlu Tue 19-Nov-13 22:40:57

Im talking about children, mainly boys who are wearing 2 layers under their trousers and 3 or 4 layers on their upper bodies. Not a just a pair of pants, tights and trousers.

ouryve Tue 19-Nov-13 22:43:21

I just put rain trousers on over their school trousers.

morethanpotatoprints Tue 19-Nov-13 22:43:40

I used to take mine to school in normal uniform but swop normal vest for a thermal one.
No extra layers for inside as schools are bloody hot germ breeding cess pits. grin Hat, gloves and maybe scarf is all you'll need. Wellies if raining.

ouryve Tue 19-Nov-13 22:54:05

They don't clear the paths here, either. The priority is to keep the main roads open. When the grit starts to run out, as it did a couple of years ago, they even re-route the buses so they don't have to clear as many roads.

As soon as people start to clear their drives and pile the snow up, either side, the pavements become completely impassible on foot.

We get plenty of use out of the waterproof trousers, apart from snow, as it pisses down for much of the summer, most years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now