Schools and areas in welwyn garden city

(5 Posts)
Prettyflamingo1 Thu 07-Nov-13 19:06:55

Thank you for sharing that local knowledge. We saw a house we loved on Chambers Grove and the road was a lovely new build estate. The surrounding area didn't look so nice though so we are nervous to put an offer in. We have not heard many good things about the east side but don't think we can afford th west. Maybe we'll look into Digswell though. Thanks again. Anyone else have any advice?

averywoomummy Thu 07-Nov-13 13:30:09

I used to live there and I wouldn't recommend that area as the schools are not too good and I think it has a fairly high crime rate. West Side (Handside and Sherrardswood) is known as the best area with very good schools.

Also Knightsfield and Haldens are more "up and coming" and still some fairly good schools. Woodhall is near to Creswick school but I think it is a very popular school so not sure what your chances would be at getting in.

My friends live about a 10 minute walk from Digswell station and it seems nice to me! I think the area is called Haldens? Maybe Digswell Water. Just off the A1000 anyway.

Prettyflamingo1 Thu 07-Nov-13 09:29:00

Anyone?

Prettyflamingo1 Wed 06-Nov-13 20:07:58

We are thinking of relocating from London to WGC. Can anyone advise on parts of WGC to avoid? We have heard schools and general life style/housing on the West side is best, but can't afford the houses there. Are there any parts if the East to avoid? Are the areas near Woodhall and Hatfield Hyde any good? I've heard Peartree isn't so good, but nothing else. Please reply if you live in WGC. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now