Primary schools in Lymington and Sway

(7 Posts)
3kidsunder5 Sun 03-Nov-13 21:50:25

We are considering moving to this area and would welcome any comments on the primary schools. We're particularly interested in the catchment areas and admission criteria but would welcome any information on offer! Additionally, is this a good area to raise children? We think it is from out (very minimal!) research but first hand experience would be fab. Thank you.

Talkinpeace Mon 04-Nov-13 20:36:15

Lucky you.
Private or state you cannot go too far wrong.
If you can stay outside the park boundary you'll get less hassle if ever you choose to paint a window frame
but its a lovely area

WinterisComingVSoon Tue 05-Nov-13 10:41:07

Avoid avoid avoid Beaulieu, awful school. As Talkinpeace said the others are all reliably good. I have heard good things about Brockenhurst recently.

cmleavey Tue 05-Nov-13 11:26:59

We moved to Sway earlier this year due to husband's job. All good so far - eldest child has just started at the primary school and my younger child is at pre school. We moved just before the admission deadline in January and got a place at the local school. The Hampshire website provides detail on catchment areas for each school.
I commute to London a couple of day's a week, which is long but overall quality of life has improved for all. I love being nearer to the coast (we were in Hertforshire before).

Good luck!

3kidsunder5 Tue 05-Nov-13 15:10:32

Thank you all for your replies. We too are moving from Hertfordshire. Such a big decision, I just don't want to get it wrong. Looking at the stats, the schools around Lymington seem full (my son is in Year 1) but I'll look into this further. Mant thanks again x

Talkinpeace Tue 05-Nov-13 15:46:54

phone Hampshire county council : they will know
www3.hants.gov.uk/education/admissions/ad-contact-admissions-2.htm

3kidsunder5 Tue 05-Nov-13 17:58:26

Thank you, I will x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now