ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

how do schools check you've been living in catchment area?

(28 Posts)
missperelman Tue 29-Oct-13 20:52:58

hi there. i'm about to move to an area of london, but the owner of the house will be paying the council tax. i've always paid my own so this will be a new thing. will my DD still be able to go to the local primary school in 2 years time, does anyone know? i.e. how do schools gather proof that you have lived in their catchment area, as i thought it was via your council tax bill. very best wishes

intitgrand Thu 31-Oct-13 12:46:58

I think they ask the primary school to check it accords with their records, and then nothing else unless some one flags up a problem when they check the electoral roll

missperelman Tue 05-Nov-13 12:42:42

yes. if you come across that list of alternative documents, could you let me know what they were? xxx

maillotjaune Tue 05-Nov-13 19:05:45

As well as CT reference for our address, we had to upload proof of child living here e.g. medical card which shows address.

London Borough here too. Action does get taken against people who lie about address (obviously you're not, but your council will be able to advise you).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now