Parents with views on Hazelwood School Palmers Green?

(6 Posts)
Gizboss Wed 23-Oct-13 15:43:47

Just that really? Do you send your child there? Are you happy with it? Went to see the school yesterday and liked lots of things about it, including the headteacher but they are clearly having to work on raising standards. We live close to the school so it would be convenient but have a chance of getting in elsewhere so interested in parental views. Thanks

Gizboss Thu 24-Oct-13 09:18:15

Bump

Sunshinesometimes2015 Tue 20-Sep-16 22:35:13

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I'd be interested to find out the same, any opinions or experience of hazelwood school would be really helpful. Thanks!

user1475574526 Tue 04-Oct-16 11:06:46

Hi there. We have children at Hazelwood school and are very happy with it. The head is great (very driven) .It feels like a school that has everything in order. Ofsted reports are good and interim inspection reports are outstanding.

Things I love about the school: it has separate PE and Music teachers, which says to me it takes the broader/creative curriculum seriously; Great school trips and themed days were the kids come dressed as Victorians/Tudors etc & take part in 'historical activities'. It also has the most fantastic parent/teacher association I've come across. They organise events at the school such a comedy nights, quiz nights and pop up restaurants.

It's well worth a visit if you're interested in the school. We were very impressed with the kids there... happy, articulate and polite.

Mostlysunshine Tue 04-Oct-16 19:12:47

Thanks for your answer, very helpful.

user1475574526 Wed 05-Oct-16 09:58:28

*where not were (doh)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now