French-speaking primary schools outside London?

(9 Posts)
dreamydays Sat 19-Oct-13 21:30:45

Hi, I'm looking for schools that teach in English and French outside London. We'll be returning from France to England next summer. DD1 is currently at French school and will be 5.5 when we return, ie going into Year 1. She's bilingual and we're keen not to lose her French.

I've been looking for French-speaking primary schools outside London and have only found the Europa School (successor to European School) at Culham, and a school in Bristol. I'd love to hear any experience of the Europa School as we're seeing it as best option at the moment. And is anyone aware of other schools I've missed?

I've posted the same qu in the languages section. Thanks very much.

mikkii Sat 19-Oct-13 22:20:56

Hampton Court House school is bilingual. It is on the old Greater London border.

dreamydays Sun 20-Oct-13 09:05:11

Thank you, it looks a lovely school but I don't think we could afford it!

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Wed 23-Oct-13 00:02:20

Bromley, are setting up a billingual free school, french/english. Its a state school. Entry from 2014.

Rattitude Wed 23-Oct-13 00:16:18

There is the school too.

Maybe you could try the French consulate and see if they can provide you with a list of schools.

Rattitude Wed 23-Oct-13 00:16:48

Grrrr... meant Wix school.

dreamydays Sat 26-Oct-13 18:32:54

Thanks very much. The Bromley initiative looks great - wish there were more like that!

Pommom Sat 09-Nov-13 10:20:34

Hi, there's a Saturday school in Maidenhead that my kids go to - un, deux, trios soleil. It's also got a school in buckinghamshire I think.

ZaZazebra Sat 09-Nov-13 10:26:25

There is a Saturday school in Birmingham and also one in Manchester

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now