Old Vicarage School, Darley Abbey, Derbyshire

(5 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Thu 21-Nov-13 08:52:04

I've known a few people with kids at Walter Evans who've had good things to say about that school (few interesting things they've had to say about the other parents mind you... mainly of the shagging their tennis coach variety...) and my mob were next to their mob at a training event and their staff actually had a sense of humour as well (unlike some of the other mardy buggers around there - well someone had asked us to shout out the best thing we liked about school and I responded to all the swots yelling out "lesson planning" and "differentiation" with "hometime" and my colleagues kind of picked this up and ran with it...)

I don't know the schools over that side of Derby all that well (my patch was more the out towards Long Eaton kind of way when I did supply cos I bloody hated trying to get across the city in morning traffic) but I might know ones when you mention names I guess.

Swimbikerun Wed 20-Nov-13 20:47:00

Sorry, only just come back to this. I think you have to all round individual schools to see which ones have places mid year. Have heard good things about Walter Evans in Daley abbey if that might be close enough. Duffield really not far away from derby either and 2 excellent schools there, as well as good schools in the surrounding villages.

FramboiseCoulis Thu 03-Oct-13 20:08:37

Hi
no not particularly Swimbikerun, but transferring mid year might not be so easy :-(
I need to call the LEA tomorrow to see what's available.
I'd only really consder Littleover, Allstree or Darley Abbey as I need to be near to town. That said, Duffield looks lovely!!

Swimbikerun Wed 02-Oct-13 23:33:42

There are many outstanding state primaries in the area, was it private that you were particularly looking for?

FramboiseCoulis Wed 02-Oct-13 19:29:22

Good evening all

After hithering and dithering, am now thinking of relocating to the Derby area to be closer to family.
After looking at schools, both state and private, this one caught my attention.

http://www.oldvicarageschool.co.uk/the-school/index.php

Does anyone have any info on it? Can't seem to find any existing info on Mumsnet.

Thanks
chris

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now