Aarrgghh. Third time DS has come out of school in shitty pants!

(178 Posts)
Kyrptonite Tue 24-Sep-13 16:21:33

Please tell me if I'm over reacting as I had a baby 2 weeks ago and my brain hasn't fully returned to full capacity.

I've posted before about DS (4) and his toileting issues. He had been doing so much better lately and then today for the third time since starting school came out covered in shit. I could smell him as soon as I picked him up. When I asked him why he hadn't asked someone to help him (teacher and 2 TAs in class) he said something about missing playtime or losing golden time if he's naughty.

I'm not brave enough for AIBU but WIBU to compose an email to school asking what they are doing to support him and why no one noticed? He bloody stank and had obviously been like it a while.

I had a meeting before he started where I explained he has a problem. I let the teacher know last week he was on medication and may have an accident.

I don't want him to be bullied. He's waiting for a paediatrician referral for suspected encopresis. He's managed the toilet 4 times last week and I really thought we were getting somewhere.

teacherwith2kids Wed 02-Oct-13 21:26:23

Glad to be of service.

If it helps at all, no classes in my school have full-time TAs (though some full-time TAs are assigned to statemented pupils exclusively). TAs with particular experise join us for certain lessons each week.

And the school secretary - who also runs finance and has oversight of facilities - also works much longer than her contracted hours, and juggles many, many tasks within them. She runs minor injuries during break times, but sadly has little available time to give elsewhere.

mrz Thu 03-Oct-13 07:15:21

As teacherwith2kids says most primary schools would struggle to function if it wasn't for the goodwill of teachers doing over and beyond what they are legally required in their contracts. Personally I don't know any teachers who refuse to do the 17 tasks laid out in workforce reform ... so talking about "working to rule" is insulting.

StressedandFrazzled Thu 03-Oct-13 09:54:33

Why can't you write an email saying you'd like an appointment after school pick up, to talk to teacher, that's what we do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now