quick poss v ridiculous Q re school dinners

(6 Posts)
redundant Tue 10-Sep-13 20:44:13

Am aware this is going to sound nuts, but husband no help!

Daughter on mornings and lunch at school this week, and they all have school dinners the first weeks. Should I talk her through the menu in advance, and tell her what she might and might not like? Or just leave her to it?

Tomorrow is either pizza or a spicy bake thing, and I am tempted to forewarn her to choose the pizza (as think unlikely she'll like the other one) but is that just completely over protective? Should i just leave her to it? thanks! (ps yes i really am this much of a worrier and overthinker!)

Peer pressure is a wonderful thing. I would leave her to it. You might be amazed at what she'll eat!

I doubt the bake will be that spicy, and the pizza might look horrible, and then she wouldn't know what to do.

redundant Tue 10-Sep-13 20:53:34

ok. I think you're right. I will attempt to step back! thanks

Yorkieaddict Tue 10-Sep-13 20:56:19

Definitely leave her to it. I reckon she'll surprise you and eat things you would never expect!

cherrytomato40 Tue 10-Sep-13 22:10:43

Leave her to it- my fussy DD recently ate curry at school! Would never touch it at home (and still won't...)

fuckwittery Tue 10-Sep-13 22:13:21

I talk my DD through the menu choices, often because I don't think she'll necessarily know what they are from the description (e.g. Cheese whirl) and they have to choose in the morning not pick at lunch time what they like the look of. They always have plain pasta and salad veggies as sides though, so I'll know she'll eat something if she picks a main she doesn ,t like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now