Individual wipes in packed lunch boxes

(27 Posts)
BoysRule Mon 02-Sep-13 13:49:12

My DS is about to start Reception. He is going to have packed lunches and can be quite a messy eater - yoghurt etc tends to end up around his face. He had packed lunches at pre school and often when I picked him up he would have a crusted ring of food around his mouth. I don't really want this now he is in big school!

Does anyone put a wipe in their DCs lunchbox? Is it a bit precious? Can you buy individually packed ones that are easy for children to open? I am a primary school teacher and rarely did children come back from lunch with food around their mouths (the youngest I taught was Year 1 though) - if they did I would wet a paper towel and wipe it for them. Do dinner ladies do this?

Umm - this might be really obvious, but I can't see anyone else suggesting it so here goes... why not ask the teacher how the school handles lunchtime faces and then decide if you need a wipe? At my DCs school the class TA accompanies the class to lunch with a roll of kitchen towel grin.

coco27 Thu 05-Sep-13 09:01:31

can't he just go to the toilets and splash his face with water and wipe dry with a paper towel.I would do that instead of baby wipeslike a toddler!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now