Could someone level this for me

(6 Posts)
Heresataletotell Sun 28-Jul-13 21:13:27

DD has just finished year 2 at a non selective prep school. She moved there at the start of year 2 from our local state school and the school don't do SATS. She is my youngest child and the others, who are much older all went through state primary so I am very much familiar with levels and would love a really rough idea of what sort of level this writing would be. I feel a bit in limbo not getting levels. It's something DD has written tonight and most shockingly the handwriting is beautiful. She hasn't finished it yet.

Little chick lived with his mum and dad at little white farm but when little chick got a baby sister he was extremely angry. He loved being the younges his mum and dad said extrodanary they were the complete opposit feeling. Because they were very Happy. Little chick decided to escape.

freetrait Sun 28-Jul-13 21:50:36

Ok, I am very much an amateur at this, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling. I'd say it was level 2, perhaps 2c.

3MonthMaid Sun 28-Jul-13 21:54:03

2b i would guess. DD is 2b and this is similar to her work.

Heresataletotell Sun 28-Jul-13 21:56:04

Thanks for that. I expect that by the time I wake up in the morning there will be a lot more of it and it might make a bit more sense.

Heresataletotell Sun 28-Jul-13 21:57:56

Thanks 3month, I thought about 2b / 2a, it's not the best example her spelling is generally pretty good and she does actually use punctuation and speech but she still sometimes uses capital letters in the wrong place which can make the sentences somewhat confusing.

NewNameForNewTerm Sun 28-Jul-13 22:14:21

As a Y2 teacher I think L2b or L2a is very optimistic from what has been written so far. It is only the start and a very small piece of writing, so it is nearly impossible to give a level on the amount you've shared with us. L2 bits - used connective "but", good spelling, you report good handwriting, extremely angry smile. However it doesn't flow and make complete sense using full sentences, which I'd expect from a level 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now