would the next year teacher be informed of bullying in previous year

(5 Posts)
mummatotwo Sun 28-Jul-13 19:35:22

DS moves to year 4 in Sept, he has experienced some bullying from a boy in his last year, I wasn't the only parent to go in and complain about this boy.

He seems to.have tamed but due to the nature if the boy I'm pretty certain it will happen again.

Would the new teacher be made aware if this or will it be a clean sheet, just that if anything happens I want to nip it straightaway as I don't want this year to be spoilt for my ds as last year it was so miserable for him

racingheart Mon 29-Jul-13 13:54:06

If you're concerned, don't rely on the school to pass on details like this. Let the new teacher know, and ask for an eye to be kept on the situation.

Scruffey Mon 29-Jul-13 13:58:11

I our school, it would be passed on if serious. The handover meeting between teachers is less than half an hour for the entire class as a whole so only the most important things are going to be mentioned - so it would depend on any ither issues within the class as to whether it would be mentioned. Personally I would ask the teacher to keep an eye on the situation from the start.

OldBeanbagz Mon 29-Jul-13 14:08:10

My DD was bullied in Y4 and the teachers throughout the school were made aware of what was going on at the time so that they could keep an eye on her if they were supervising the playground.

Therefore her Y5 teacher knew the history but by the time she went back in September, it was as if nothing had ever happened.

If you're worried then why not have a quiet word with his teacher although i probably wouldn't discuss it in front of your DS.

Ocelotl Tue 30-Jul-13 12:00:11

Don't rely on the school to pass it on - if you are worried, ask to speak with the new teacher in private, so they know what to look out for if the issue arises again in their year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now