Report euphemisms

(17 Posts)
Biscuitsneeded Fri 12-Jul-13 21:49:38

Following on from another thread, what fabulous report euphemisms have you read this week?

Ds 2 is 'bubbly' = can't sit down
and
'creative' = in a world of his own, never on task but usually doing something else entirely.

AryaUnderfoot Fri 12-Jul-13 21:51:02

troublesome = absolute pain in the a*se

Confident in his own opinions - gets over excited then tells the teacher what to do!

Enthusiastic - dives in head first without stopping to think (ds2 has been described as enthusiastic since nursery..i think he might be part puppy smile )

infin Fri 12-Jul-13 22:01:31

'articulate/expresses ideas confidently'= opinionated and never shuts up.
Not like their mother then.....!!

NoComet Fri 12-Jul-13 22:08:31

Beyond Hope
= Has done no work all year, is a total law unto herself and fortunately she doesn't have to do Welsh next year.

Impeccably behaved and a pleasure to teach= a good little actress who knows which side her bread is buttered.

(The first is my favourite report comment and the second DD2's)

NoComet Fri 12-Jul-13 22:15:13

No one has bothered with euphemisms for DD1 except the nursery teacher, who tied herself in knots trying not to say

"Little star lives in a dream, has no wish to play with other children and spends the day looking for a chance to get in the main hall and climb the wall bars."

DD1 climbed anything that stayed still, I believe she used to climb up and help herself to art stuff off the teachers shelves too blush

pennygallops Fri 12-Jul-13 22:19:25

I use the adjective bubbly for the children who have are lively and have character, for me it is affectionate. They are the ones who have a sense of humour and fun.

Again, enthusiastic, articulate and creative are all positive.

But then again, I say it like it is, I use terms such as too laid-back, inconsistent, lacks self-control, lacks intrinsic motivation etc.

Homebird8 Fri 12-Jul-13 22:23:56

Acts independently in his own time - won't do anything we ask unless the mood takes him and then only at the speed of glaciation.

tutington Fri 12-Jul-13 22:26:08

'she is an excellent and cheerful role model for everybody' = she is bossy and controlling smile

she also got the 'bubbly' label.

BabiesAreLikeBuses Fri 12-Jul-13 22:28:25

Helpful = busybody

AryaUnderfoot Fri 12-Jul-13 22:31:41

I can't help thinking that it was so much simpler in the honest days of 'bright but lazy'.

My parents really knew where they stood as far as I was concerned!

pennygallops Fri 12-Jul-13 22:35:07

My head told me I was harsh, but balanced when she read my reports.

No child is perfect!

numbum Fri 12-Jul-13 22:44:37

'Sings with enthusiasm but always to her own tune' grin

Said of tone deaf y1 DD

bringonyourwreckingball Fri 12-Jul-13 22:47:04

Dd2 has a very well developed sense of right and wrong = dd2 is used to having to deal with dd1 who is a very bright manipulative little madam on occasion

3MonthMaid Fri 12-Jul-13 22:47:43

DDs report stated that she "has a clear sense of fun" grin

I really liked that one.

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 12-Jul-13 22:55:00

DD2's teacher used the word "respectful" three times in one short comment about DD2's attitude. I take this to mean DD2 is one of the few children who doesn't routinely answer her back hmm.

'Very assertive in play situations' i.e an unbelievably bossy madam.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now