Please translate this tactful statement for me........don't hold back

(31 Posts)
goonIcantakeit Fri 12-Jul-13 17:28:19

"Ds2 loves to voice his opinion and share his news with others. he is beginning to listen with a little more patience to what others say".

pre-emptive blush emoticon......
This is his year 2 report.

Lizzylou Fri 12-Jul-13 21:04:11

mybokd? my old. Bloody tablets.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Fri 12-Jul-13 21:05:45

Sounds like a typical boy OP smile

Utterly normal, the skills will come with maturity. NO need to see a teacher about it - that is taking it far too seriously.

Shootingstar79 Fri 12-Jul-13 21:58:51

Wouldn't worry at all at this stage. Ask his y3 teacher next term if it is still an issue/target and take your lead from her response.

Secretswitch Fri 12-Jul-13 22:04:08

My little miss had this written on her report " LittleSecret was very active today. We had to remind her a few times that running feet are only to be used outdoors." I took this to mean " your dd is a wild beast who ran amuck all day"

goonIcantakeit Sat 13-Jul-13 10:41:43

LOL good to see the funny side.

He said today "I'm popular in this house but not outside it".

At the moment, so long as his big brother and family like him, he's happy.

Do I still chill?
History - he had bad delays when younger and is close to the ASD border. But last year he was getting "below national average" for literacy and now he is above it including understanding texts (yeah!).

Do I chill or intervene? I meet lads who've got A* for A-level but no-one in their university dorm speaks to them unless they want something...... Don't want that for DS2.

Cat98 Sat 13-Jul-13 18:39:05

Haha - similar comment in ds's report under 'personal and social development' (reception) : 'he is able to now support others in their learning, which has given him opportunities to develop leadership skills'.
In other words - talks over everyone and tells them they're wrong, but getting better smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now