Shock OFSTED. What now?

(53 Posts)
Chocovore Mon 01-Jul-13 17:56:49

I did post a while back about something fishy over our schools OFSTED. We finally got the verdict today - Outstanding to Inadequate in one fail swoop. How the hell did that happen? What happens now? Will the Head leave? It says they may be converted into an Academy. Just can't believe this is happening. Wonder whether we should jump ship now or hang on and see what happens? I have Ds2 due to start in Sept and feel like we have all been very let down!

Chocovore Wed 03-Jul-13 07:54:02

Oh and for for one of those years there is no data at all as the HT refused to do the SATS!

MustafaCake Wed 03-Jul-13 18:56:13

Have you seen the report yet?

Am very curious how a school can plummet down the ratings so dramatically.

MiaowTheCat Wed 03-Jul-13 20:58:14

Outstanding schools that have been coasting have suddenly been called to account?

Happened to one school I knew very well (did a teaching contract there) when Ofsted went rampaging through the county (and with the number of schools they gave various "fail" grades to - it WAS a rampage!)... school had always had a culture of complacency, picking the kids likely to get the right numbers in the SATs and coaching the living shit out of them while the real "no-hopes" got totally written off at an early age (this was the reason I left - couldn't deal with that morally) - but a really "good" shiny nice well behaved kids, beautiful new building - school.

People were shocked when it got hammered by Ofsted recently - it bloody well needed kicking up the arse tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now