what's the loveliest phonetic spelling of a word you've seen?

(184 Posts)

DS1 wrote SMUTIS on a shopping list. And TMUTOS.

sparkleyes Sun 26-May-13 22:48:23

My DD made me a card to say she loove me to bist!

I loove her to bist too !

FriendlyLadybird Sat 25-May-13 10:20:31

Mewseum. For cats, maybe?

But I also liked DD's notice on her door when she was very young and really not at all advanced in terms of writing. She obviously couldn't work out how to manage 'Private' or 'No admittance' or even 'Keep out'. So we were just faced with '[DD] sez NO'.

mrz Sat 25-May-13 08:00:52

I'm just doing some marking and "choolips" from one of my class made me smile

grin

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 24-May-13 20:44:12

Love once a pony tum grin
not a phonetic spelling but DS once handed me a "book" he'd made and written on it was "this is the end". Rather deep and depressing for a 5 yo, I was a little concerned...till I turned over and the other side said "this is the frunt"

zingally Fri 24-May-13 20:39:14

Story writing with my Year 1 class...

"Wons a pony tum..."

Once upon a time...

toomuchicecream Fri 24-May-13 20:31:45

I encourage my pupils to put a wiggly line under words they know they can't spell, rather than playing safe and only using words they think they know. A year 2 boy today had me thinking when I read walar.

Eventually from the context ("first the shoot appears and then the leaves then walar! The flower is grown..." or words to that effect). I've corrected the spelling to voila! And told my TA, who takes his phonics group, that she can explain it after half term....

WileyRoadRunner Fri 24-May-13 14:42:46

My DD regularly uses "cunt" in place of can't blush

wol1968 Fri 24-May-13 13:01:43

How about 'raped' for wrapped? shock grinDH did that one when he was about 5, copying out the Nativity story.

I'm loving all the accents on this thread!

Animoolls and ahoondrid (one hundred). Yes, we live in the north!

morethanpotatoprints Thu 23-May-13 21:41:28

egog - Hedgehog.

Berrington Thu 23-May-13 21:13:58

'the baker has no penis' . . . he also had no pennies left!

redhappy Thu 23-May-13 21:10:12

DD s in reception and has just got interested in the idea she can write. I love to see her spellings! My favourite so far hrsis and cupud (horses and cupboard)

cetl - kettle

spiderlight Thu 23-May-13 18:27:04

I've got a new one today: DS has written a story at school about a blue bug called Mistu Bloobug grin

spiderlight Wed 22-May-13 13:17:18

DS keeps his big hexbugs, and the controller for the RC spider, in a box that he has decorated to make it look like a little house and labelled in big red letters: 'Hexbug Hows. Ant, Spidu, Larvu, Cunt' (He ran out of room to write 'Cuntrola').

peanutMD Wed 22-May-13 12:34:26

not exactly spelling but my DS learnt the alphabet song in nursery when he was 3, he was so pleased with himself.

He was singing

A B C D E F G H I J K ELEMON P Q R S TU'N'V W X Y AND ZEEEE

grin

hermitcrab Wed 22-May-13 12:25:11

Tyoosday

toffeefee Wed 22-May-13 11:03:49

DD is always writing about 'sparklee younecorns' (sparkly unicorns!) grin

louisianablue2000 Wed 22-May-13 00:49:09

The DDs were playing upstairs when I was given a note that said 'amtss acuming. run qick evywu' They were playing Firefighters.

gaelicsheep Wed 22-May-13 00:19:26

I will forever treasure the first piece of. proper writing DS brought home. It was about butterflies and other flying things and included the line "He moovs with his friends". It totally got me and I don't think I ever want him to get all his spellings right, not for a few more years anyway!

Oh i love this thread.

Dd - reception age 5. My favourite is Sjoo - for stew.

And this story:

Wuns a pon a tim thair wos a giny pig corld Huny hoow livt in a hows numbr 4.

Wun day thy went worcing and ...

You wil find wot it is on the necst paij...

She got lost.

Dn dn dn.

MrsMelons Tue 21-May-13 22:13:17

grin Primary! DS2 used to say c*nt for can't and we are not from Yorkshire, he also said fucky for froggy, all very embarrassing!

RustyBear Tue 21-May-13 22:12:21

My favourite was 'The snack slithered down the tree'. It was a long time ago, so I can't remember how he spelt 'slithered' but I still have visions of yoghurt dripping down the branches....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now