what's the loveliest phonetic spelling of a word you've seen?

(184 Posts)

DS1 wrote SMUTIS on a shopping list. And TMUTOS.

wol1968 Fri 24-May-13 13:01:43

How about 'raped' for wrapped? shock grinDH did that one when he was about 5, copying out the Nativity story.

WileyRoadRunner Fri 24-May-13 14:42:46

My DD regularly uses "cunt" in place of can't blush

toomuchicecream Fri 24-May-13 20:31:45

I encourage my pupils to put a wiggly line under words they know they can't spell, rather than playing safe and only using words they think they know. A year 2 boy today had me thinking when I read walar.

Eventually from the context ("first the shoot appears and then the leaves then walar! The flower is grown..." or words to that effect). I've corrected the spelling to voila! And told my TA, who takes his phonics group, that she can explain it after half term....

zingally Fri 24-May-13 20:39:14

Story writing with my Year 1 class...

"Wons a pony tum..."

Once upon a time...

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 24-May-13 20:44:12

Love once a pony tum grin
not a phonetic spelling but DS once handed me a "book" he'd made and written on it was "this is the end". Rather deep and depressing for a 5 yo, I was a little concerned...till I turned over and the other side said "this is the frunt"

grin

mrz Sat 25-May-13 08:00:52

I'm just doing some marking and "choolips" from one of my class made me smile

FriendlyLadybird Sat 25-May-13 10:20:31

Mewseum. For cats, maybe?

But I also liked DD's notice on her door when she was very young and really not at all advanced in terms of writing. She obviously couldn't work out how to manage 'Private' or 'No admittance' or even 'Keep out'. So we were just faced with '[DD] sez NO'.

sparkleyes Sun 26-May-13 22:48:23

My DD made me a card to say she loove me to bist!

I loove her to bist too !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now