Is this an acceptable way of dealing with bullying, please?

(26 Posts)
miemohrs Thu 16-May-13 14:26:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummytime Fri 17-May-13 12:19:29

From an English perspective; it is not an acceptible way to deal with bullying. Plus the teacher sounds as if she is bullying too.
Is it a small community? Because it sounds as if it is, and your family doesn't "fit" and the teacher would rather be part of the community than take care of your child.
I would seriously look at moving in those circumstances, if at all possible. (Actually I would HE, but you say that isn't possible.)

burberryqueen Fri 17-May-13 12:09:47

yes and send it by email not paper and cc it to the LEA and the Head, that will get them jumping.
Please do have a good weekend OP ..x

cornypedicure Fri 17-May-13 11:56:50

This is hideous shock your poor ds sad

School are obviously not going to action this without you causing a lot of fuss

Write to the chair of governors and ask him/her to give you the answers to the pertinent questions.

e.g. Why have you not been provided with a copy of the bullying policy despite requesting it?

Why should my child have to change desk when he is the one being bullied and why is my child being sent to the back of the queue?

Why did the CT refuse to attend the meeting regarding bullying involving 2 members of his class?

Why was a child who is being investigated for AS questioned for an hour? shock

Inform them that if you expect to have this information within 7 days.

burberryqueen Fri 17-May-13 11:47:25

What does the headteacher say?

AmItheBadOne Fri 17-May-13 11:44:32

rrbrigi Fri 17-May-13 10:46:44

How old is your child? Poor little boy. If it would happen in my son, and the school would not be able to sort it out within 1 or 2 weeks, I would go to the school with my son and stay with him through the day. And if they ask me to leave, I would tell them that I think my son is not safe under the school care, so until they won't sort out the situation I will come and stay all day, every day. I am from England, so I know I could remove him from the school if I wish, but our children are entitled for a free (and hopefully safe) education, aren't they?
If I do not do my job perfectly, I would lose my job. So if the teacher cannot deal with the situation since October, why the school does not remove her from the class?

miemohrs Fri 17-May-13 09:24:25

Pozzled Thu 16-May-13 23:13:18

Wrt the desk and layout of the classroom- some classes in my own school and my DD's school have the teacher's desk facing a wall. The teacher would NEVER sit at the desk facing away from pupils during a lesson. They walk around, sit with a group of pupils, stand at the front etc. The desk is used before 9am, after 3.30pm and the rest of the time as a filing cabinet.

With the other things, I get the impression that the teacher believes it is a clash of personalities and not bullying. Hence separating the two children in the line, and moving both of them to new tables.

I agree that you should ask again for the anti-bullying policy. If they can't provide it within perhaps 3 working days, I would go to the LEA.

burberryqueen Thu 16-May-13 23:00:16

they are obliged to give you a copy so stand your ground......

Groovee Thu 16-May-13 20:59:52

Do they have a website? I'd be in the office asking for it and not leaving without it. I would go higher if you feel you are getting nowhere with the school.

miemohrs Thu 16-May-13 17:30:42

Groovee Thu 16-May-13 17:28:56

I'd get hold of the bullying policy for the school and go through it with a fine tooth comb. Should the head still ignore this, I'd approach the council and take it from there. Most have an complaints procedure where you will be listened to impartially.

miemohrs Thu 16-May-13 16:21:15

burberryqueen Thu 16-May-13 16:05:54

hmmm it all sounds horribly familiar and predictable - some primary school class teachers are well out of order and as I said,do contribute to the bullying atmosphere IME. I do hope you can get this sorted but short of moving schools.....I just do not know. Is there just one class per year group?

miemohrs Thu 16-May-13 15:57:35

burberryqueen Thu 16-May-13 15:51:56

please do not forget that you will not get the full story from your child though, esp. re your last two points, (without wishing to belittle your problem)

miemohrs Thu 16-May-13 15:47:21

burberryqueen Thu 16-May-13 15:03:20

sounds a lot like the way my son was treated in year 4 because we were a day late for the start of term.....really hope you can sort things out. Some primary school teachers have a lot to answer for and have no interest in sorting out bullying because actually they have instigated it.
Is there a chance to move him or HE?

lljkk Thu 16-May-13 14:58:58

My cousin chose to HE to avoid a bullying teacher.

miemohrs Thu 16-May-13 14:49:47

miemohrs Thu 16-May-13 14:46:24

givemeaclue Thu 16-May-13 14:42:16

What have lea done about this horrid situation?

Strix Thu 16-May-13 14:40:26

That is a horrible story. If this wa smy child, he/she would not be returning to that school. What a terrible damaging atmosphere... and sounds unlikely to change.

miemohrs Thu 16-May-13 14:36:14

givemeaclue Thu 16-May-13 14:33:50

Have you gone to the governors

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now