Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

Which font to use?

(7 Posts)
Onemole Mon 13-May-13 00:24:04

Can anyone tell me which font schools use for the words DC take home to learn?

I would like to print some extra ones for Dd1 (who is struggling along at the bottom of the class) of things she takes an interest in.

Thanks

CalicoRose Mon 13-May-13 06:09:35

Each school will have chosen their own font.

2 very popular ones are MS Comic Sans and Sassoon Primary because they both do the 'a' like you print it.

Sassoon Primary costs though.

Onemole Mon 13-May-13 09:08:09

Thanks very much CalicoRose. I already have Comic Sans so will use that. I've no idea how to purchase and install a new font anyway!

juniper9 Mon 13-May-13 20:37:48

Arial or Comic Sans are seen as dyslexic friendly, so most schools choose one of those. I use Comic Sans because, as mentioned, the a and g are like handwriting and I think it's pretty

We also have Nelson handwriting font but it only works on one or two of our programmes, so I rarely bother.

MiaowTheCat Mon 13-May-13 20:49:13

Comic Sans or Century Gothic come with Windows and have the primary-school type a of the same style that children get taught to handwrite it (until they do the pre-adolescent rebellion thing of doing the funny printed as that I kept up until mid-secondary school).

Sassoon's fantastic - but is a pay-jobbie. I bought it years ago because using my own PC was less painful than using the school's geriatric wreck and praying the printer was having a cooperative day.

Generally in schools unless they've got something like a purchased font to go with their handwriting scheme, it's usually either Sassoon or Comic Sans.

tinytalker Mon 13-May-13 21:52:55

I have installed Sassoon Primary Font without paying!
Look at DaFont.
I prefer this for my SEN kids.

Onemole Mon 13-May-13 23:44:06

Thanks all for replies and suggestions. I tried her with some words today and Comic Sans seems to be a winner! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now