Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

What grammer do they learn in reception?

(54 Posts)
carriedawayannie Fri 10-May-13 19:31:57

DD has told me today they are learning full stops and I feel awful that I haven't really been encouraging any grammer in the written things we do together. I've been letting it go as I thought she was to young.

The only things I've been doing is capitial letters and finger spacing.

What will she be learning at school?
What should I be doing with her?

zebedeee Sat 11-May-13 10:15:57

Posh doesn't mean special - unless the 'upper class' are special. All the examples given equate something that costs money with being posh. I doubt they would describe a special stone they have found as 'posh'. Words are free for everybody to use.

mrz Sat 11-May-13 13:04:56

I suggest you look at synonyms for posh zebedeee rather than use your own narrow definition
synonyms: choice, costly, dainty, delicate, elegant, exclusive, expensive, exquisite, first-class, grand, luscious, lush, luxuriant, luxurious, opulent, palatial, posh, rare, recherché, rich, ritzy, select, special, splendid, sumptuous, super, swank, swanky
Antonyms: inferior, poor

mrz Sat 11-May-13 13:11:50

oh and for some of the children I teach their posh dress could have been handed down many times or bought at a jumble sale ...

Periwinkle007 Sat 11-May-13 13:32:26

thanks Maria - that is the way round I THOUGHT it was but it has always confused me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now