primary admission - if I put that as school has provision for music, and DS plays instrument - he woudl fulfill his musical development

(53 Posts)
Hotpotatofood Mon 22-Apr-13 17:33:24

Just thinking - I remember on the application form for primary school there was a box asking if there is any social/ medical needs for the child to be in the school. If I put that if as school has provision for music, and DS plays instrument - he would fulfill his musical development there? because local schools in our area do not provide music. ( I mean extra curricular activities). would this make any sense?

clam Wed 24-Apr-13 19:29:45

So you're prepared to use your dad's terminal illness just to "bump yourself up the waiting list?" shock Hope he's happy to be used in such a way.
However, waiting lists don't operate according to 'need'. They will take into account the published criteria, which usually includes things like siblings/distance etc.. Not sure about Catholic schools though.

PanelChair Wed 24-Apr-13 19:32:50

Which is why we have been trying to explain that the waiting list is grouped in the same way as the admissions criteria and you are extremely unlikely to be placed in the medical/social need category (or however they describe it in this school's admissions criteria).

Either, to bump up the waiting list or appeal, it doesn't really make a difference. My opinions still the same, but I think you stand even less chance doing that than if it was an appeal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now