Alternative/ or Montessori Primary School near Cambridge University??

(4 Posts)
laylako Fri 19-Apr-13 18:24:10

Hi

We have a 5 year old and might be moving near Cambridge University for my husband's job.

She is currently enrolled in a Montessori school and would like to continue her education in a Montessori school or school with a similar philosophy.

A type of school we like is where there is not so much emphasis on testing, where children learn independently and through different types of hands-on materials.

We visited a waldorf school in the US, but were not as fond of them.

So my question is, are there any Alternative primary schools near Cambridge that have a similar philosophy to a Montessori school?

Thanks so much

Biscuitsneeded Tue 23-Apr-13 20:30:47

There's a Steiner school. Opinion is divided, but it's horses for courses I guess! I don't think there is a Montessori school I'm afraid but if you want to google the independents, Sancton Wood springs to mind...

neolara Tue 23-Apr-13 21:25:18

Morley Memorial is pretty laid back. It's a state school. Very friendly community. Very good pastoral side. Not particularly pressured and lots of creative leardning. I know someone whose child was at a montessori nursery and then moved on to Morley. She is very happy with it.

outtolunchagain Wed 24-Apr-13 07:00:35

I was thinking Sancton Wood too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now