Waverley Abbey v South Farnham

(9 Posts)
Befuzzledagain Tue 09-Apr-13 23:08:10

Hi there

We are currently on the waiting list for South Farnham. However, as time goes by, I am having doubts.

My children are ahead and do like a challenge. But they also need a warm, happy environment. I keep reading comments that this is missing.

Does anyone have any experience of either school and would be happy to share? Thank you!

Befuzzledagain Wed 10-Apr-13 00:06:46

Oh dear. Just read about possible bullying. Serves me right for googling. Really hope some people out there can shed some light on South Farnham school.

Inclusionist Wed 10-Apr-13 07:49:51

Could you do private? How about Edgeborough?

Befuzzledagain Wed 10-Apr-13 09:46:14

No. We have just taken our children out after a lot of thinking. We could easily move though as we are very much between houses. I do think South Farnham would be great for them academically. And I would be most surprised if bullying was a problem as I can't imagine the Head putting up with it!

Befuzzledagain Wed 10-Apr-13 09:47:43

Out of private that is, not Edgeborough.

LIZS Wed 10-Apr-13 09:51:37

Would you actually have a choice though , isn't it more a case of where a space comes up first ?

taketheribbon Wed 10-Apr-13 10:35:37

Google again. You might find the bullying is not between the pupils at South Farnham, but between the parents....

Befuzzledagain Wed 10-Apr-13 11:53:39

LIZS - you are quite right. But my youngest will be starting next year and we are in the middle of l

Befuzzledagain Wed 10-Apr-13 11:56:15

LIZS - you are quite right. But my youngest will be starting next year and we are in the middle of looking at areas and houses. Trying to choose whether to park up nearer SF or Waverley Abbey. But yes, it's a waiting list scenario for the others. Taketheribbon - I presume you are referring to the banter coming from parents at different schools regarding the South Farnham school?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now