St. Andrews Woking Prep?

(8 Posts)
Mumtogremlins Tue 09-Apr-13 15:46:05

Hi

Just wanted to gain some views on St Andrews prep in Woking as I'm thinking of sending my DS there. I have heard some recent good things about it but worried about my DS making friends as he is in a state junior at the moment and it would be a big change
I'm thinking of the logistics too - anyone know how easy it is to park and drop off/collect children as it seems quite busy in Horsell. I will have other DCs with me on the school runs.
Thanks

trinity0097 Tue 09-Apr-13 18:51:52

I can't help with specifics as it was a long time since I was a pupil there, but I work in a prep school and find that unless your child has big difficulties with social things then they fit in fine, the anxiety tends to one from parents not the children!

Mumtogremlins Wed 10-Apr-13 22:38:14

Thanks. I am probably more worried about it than he is, but I don't want him to not settle and regret moving. Hopefully the school is friendly enough!

cece Wed 10-Apr-13 22:44:07

My DS1 plays sport with a few boys from there and they all seem nice. My DS1 goes to state school and mixes well with them.

Padar Fri 28-Jun-13 19:29:07

I have two boys there, both love the school. Nowhere is perfect but the children are very happy academic standards are high.
The best thing is that it offers structure, but in a friendly way.
There are loads of children wh have been at state schools.
My own children ( not the two at St A's) have made the change from state to private and it has been hard, as it is a different world .But in my opinion, worth it.

Padar Fri 28-Jun-13 19:29:17

I have two boys there, both love the school. Nowhere is perfect but the children are very happy academic standards are high.
The best thing is that it offers structure, but in a friendly way.
There are loads of children wh have been at state schools.
My own children ( not the two at St A's) have made the change from state to private and it has been hard, as it is a different world .But in my opinion, worth it.

Padar Fri 28-Jun-13 19:32:51

Ps logistics should be fine.by the way it isn't a snobby school and no one cares where you come from.have experienced snobbery at other schools but not at St A's, generally .

Mumtogremlins Sun 30-Jun-13 11:43:45

Thanks. Still trying to make the decision but definitely tempted by St Andrews. It does feel like a nice 'normal' school with friendly people so hoping my DS will fit in. He is getting so annoyed with his school at the moment so hopefully will welcome the change

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now