Edinburgh - how can we show this in a "creative" manner, suggestions please?

(9 Posts)
mummatotwo Mon 08-Apr-13 11:00:51

DD has to research Edinburgh and then shwo her findings in a creative manner.

I was thinking of a poster of something

She wants to do an advent calendar!!! how on earth do we do this any ideas anyone????

Periwinkle007 Mon 08-Apr-13 11:06:49

posters are always good, advent calender bit more complex but I would get 2 LARGE pieces of card, mark out where you want to stick her writing, pictures etc on one, cut out 3 sides of the areas to make doors then mount the work in the relevant places on the other sheet and stick the door one over the top. Don't forget to decorate the front sheet though. Have you got a big free streetmap of the city? you could put that over the front one and then have the doors opening with info and pictures inside.

that help at all?

ThePskettiIncident Mon 08-Apr-13 11:06:51

Build the castle and fill it with Edinburgh references.

Bake a traditional Scottish cake and decorate it with tartan/ castle picture etc.

Make a small story book of the city

Draw a map of the city and collage it

Scarfmum Mon 08-Apr-13 11:10:37

Hi I've just seen your message, you should try Pinterest, I only joined it a few weeks ago but there are some great ideas for making advent calendars and every other thing you can think of - I was looking at an advent calendar using small clips and photos it looked great.

If you serach there you will def find something brillant!

mummatotwo Mon 08-Apr-13 11:12:11

thanks for the ideas...Im liking draw a map and collage it but not sure how this would do

she is adament she wants to do something that you can open up little doors to reveal "things about the city" - sounds great but hard work for me! But its her idea and I think I have to let her run with it

Im reading Periwink on how to do this but cant get me head around it

ThePskettiIncident Mon 08-Apr-13 13:04:52

Ok, then get a map or picture of Edinburgh. Put a plain sheet of card over it. Work out where the places of interest are and cut little doors in the top sheet of card to open over the images. When you've got them all lined up then you can stick the card to the map.

Or get a big sheet of card, cut out pictures and stick to the card and then make little doors from more card over the top of the pictures.

Euphemia Mon 08-Apr-13 14:51:24

Make a cardboard version of the Castle and have the windows, turrets, etc. open up to give more info.

Two big bits of card, stick a map of Edinburgh on the top one. Cut doors into it where there are places of interest (castle etc). Behind the door, stick a small picture of the place and write what it is on the back of the door.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 08-Apr-13 22:59:11

google lap books. I think they aare quite popular in the usa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now