Teachers of RE KS2 / KS3

(6 Posts)

For reasons too complicated to explain, I will be teaching the story of Noah's ark to Y5/6 next term. Obviously, I will have to approach it is a far more complex manner than the normal KS1 activities. Has anyone any ideas for an interesting take on the story at y6 level? I am particularly interested in RE ideas; I know that there are lots of great cross-curricular things to do with the story.

SandStorm Mon 08-Apr-13 11:15:56

Next term our topic is the coast - any way you could link it into that? Maybe build an ark in DT?

cakesaregood Mon 08-Apr-13 12:09:36

How about shared faith things - which animals were important?

Genealogy, Noah is a distant relative of (Mary and) Joseph?

Symbolism - rainbows and doves?

Chronology - Old or New testament? Before or after Abraham, Jonah, King David??? (Obv some of this depends on how much knowledge they already have!)

I had thought of pacing out and marking out an ark on the school field - could certainly link to DT.

We certainly need to investigate the bible a bit more, so placing the story would fit in nicely.

BrigitBigKnickers Wed 10-Apr-13 13:11:11

Captain Noah and his Amazing floating Zoo by Joseph Horovotz- fab musical with brilliant songs.

Just looked on youtube; I like it, Brigit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now