Ks1 sats info please

(55 Posts)
zoomie Sat 06-Apr-13 22:27:15

Hi, any teacher out there that can please help?

If a child achieves a level 2a are they automatically given the level 3 paper to do and would it be given on the same day?
During the sats week is there an order in which type of paper is given first - maths, English then reading?
Also in regards to the level 3 paper how much time is the child given to complete it? i noticed there is quite a large amout to read. Is the child asked to read the whole story first then answer the questions but able to
Refer back or is it completed in sections?
Thanks!

Feenie Mon 08-Apr-13 01:00:20
mrz Mon 08-Apr-13 07:36:28

reading books simpson ... about half hear their child read

simpson Mon 08-Apr-13 10:05:23

I was just wondering what the difference would be between doing say maths word problems for homework and doing a few in a KS 1 SATS test iyswim.

mrz Mon 08-Apr-13 13:46:23

I think the point teachers are trying to make is that the KS1 test papers are just there for the teacher's information and don't have the significance that parents seem to believe. The tests can be administered at any point in the school year and some schools choose to do this at the very beginning of the year. Regardless of when individual schools administer the test the level reported will be based on the child's work over the whole year not on the results of a single test.
If a teacher knows (and they should know) where a child has a weakness then that is where the teacher needs to focus support not in asking parents to complete old test papers. Any child who can complete a whole paper in just 15 mins clearly doesn't have problems (which the teacher should already know).

TeamEdward Mon 08-Apr-13 16:00:48

I will admit to sending home past papers, but this was years ago. It was more for the parents benefit than the children, allaying their fears of this terrible test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now