Websites to help with literacy learning?

(6 Posts)
Myinboxisfull Wed 27-Mar-13 13:34:41

Thanks for those suggestions. I've heard of the CGP books and will have a look at those too.

PastSellByDate Tue 26-Mar-13 13:17:41

Hi Myinboxisfull:

St. Ambrose Primary has really useful exercises practicing grammar rules in relation to spelling here: www.saintambrosebarlow.wigan.sch.uk/spellingpage.htm

start with Year 3 and work your way through as and when appropriate.

I'd also heartily recommend CGP literacy workbooks (done by year and available most large bookstores/ amazon). They're funny and usefully work through grammar rules. We do maybe a page or two a week - usually when waiting for one DD or the other to finish a lesson/ after school club - these also help hugely with spelling rules.

HTH

storynanny Mon 25-Mar-13 18:44:36

ictgames.com is good fun but have only used it for infants so not sure about yr 3

Myinboxisfull Mon 25-Mar-13 13:58:24

That's very helpful. Will have a better look at EC.

Teachercreature Mon 25-Mar-13 12:35:57

Education City is well thought of yes. BBC site is also pretty good - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/

Also - worth checking that she does understand each term. So, what IS a sentence? A word? A noun, verb etc? Often this causes a problem as the child can't understand the explanation properly. And what is the point of punctuation at all?

Hope that helps!

Myinboxisfull Mon 25-Mar-13 11:50:21

My dc is in year 3 and is struggling with grammar and punctuation. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a website for teaching / improving literacy skills. I've heard of a site called Education City but don't know if it's any good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now