Who can legally take a class?

(19 Posts)
Blissx Mon 25-Mar-13 20:08:30

Sorry Snowy-it was your comment "wot back this up" that made me think you were maybe taking the mickey.

Hulababy Mon 25-Mar-13 08:12:03

I'm sorry. I don't know if Wales is same.

Snowyelephantshavewrinkles Sun 24-Mar-13 21:13:35

*in

Snowyelephantshavewrinkles Sun 24-Mar-13 21:13:14

Bliss This is a thread on a forum therefore I do not really spend the time correcting my spelling and grammar. In my professional capacity I am very conscientious and know that this is an area I struggle with so take the time with everything I write and have statergies in place to ensure that I spell correctly.

Hula
Is all that the same as Wales?

Hulababy Sun 24-Mar-13 20:54:32

My info was for England.

onepieceoflollipop Sun 24-Mar-13 20:51:36

I once taught the whole of reception, as a visitor. (i am a nurse) it was an experience! (and I have renewed respect for teachers and TAs)

CockyFox Sun 24-Mar-13 20:50:31

Not sure if this helps
http://local.teachers.org.uk/templates/asset-relay.cfm?frmAssetFileID=3696

Hulababy Sun 24-Mar-13 20:49:13

Due to staffing changes at our school in past couple of years we have had a lot of talk on this and advice from the LEA and the teaching unions. To summarise:

Level 3 TAs - can deliver lessons which are planned by a teacher.
Level 4/HLTA - can plan, deliver and assess lessons for whole classes.

Other people can take the whole class too if there is a teacher/HLTA (not sure how far down other TA levels it goes) present and also supervising.

There are also occasions where other qualified people/groups can take whole class lessons without the teacher being present - thinking of visiting sport's leaders, etc.

Rules for part class and smaller groups are different.

mrz Sun 24-Mar-13 20:47:52

"Anyone can take a class, but classteachers must plan/prepare work. In primary, only classteachers can take games/P.E"
not true only teachers (and support staff under teacher direction for short periods of time not as a permanent arrangement) can teach but anyone can supervise a class

CockyFox Sun 24-Mar-13 20:47:02

Don't know of any website, but I think if you are in there then with the person then there are enough adults and nothing you can do. I will have a google.

Snowyelephantshavewrinkles Sun 24-Mar-13 20:43:38

Is there a website that I can look at that has this information. I ask as things are horrendous when a certain member of staff takes a class. The way she talks to you is horrific.

Euphemia France Sun 24-Mar-13 20:39:35

Wot Stargirl sed. ^

CockyFox Sun 24-Mar-13 20:37:02

I thought it is only a qualified teacher can deliver a lesson but 2 qualified TAs can supervise a class when work has already been set. My father was a primary head for many years but has been retired for a while now so my info may be out of date.

stargirl1701 Sun 24-Mar-13 20:36:01

Depends where you are. In Scotland only teachers can take a class.

missmapp Sun 24-Mar-13 20:34:08

Anyone can take a class, but classteachers must plan/prepare work. In primary, only classteachers can take games/P.E.

Blissx Sun 24-Mar-13 20:32:41

Oh, and if you are a Special Support Assistant, I would hope that your grammar and spelling is a lot better than on your post...so I hope that you are a troll who is raising the point that anyone can take a class.

Snowyelephantshavewrinkles Sun 24-Mar-13 20:31:48

Ok not in a an academy... I know it is rather scary.

Blissx Sun 24-Mar-13 20:30:17

In an Academy, anyone. Scary isn't it?

Snowyelephantshavewrinkles Sun 24-Mar-13 20:19:17

I have a few issues in work (am a special support assistant) and was wondering who can take a class and where can I have evidence wot back this up ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now