Anybody know any good ks2 maths problem solving books/sites?

(10 Posts)

Winter - sort of both! Maths info and puzzles presented in the "Horrible Histories" style.

wintermelonsoup Mon 18-Mar-13 13:40:47

What are the Murderous Maths books about? Are they stories or maths questions?

Bunbaker Sun 17-Mar-13 10:39:40

DD's school uses MyMaths, but I'm not sure if it is just aimed at KS3/4.

mrz Sun 17-Mar-13 10:19:12

Saw the thread title and just knew that the first post would be a link to nrich! It's fabulous :-)

I've recently discovered these: www.amazon.co.uk/Murderous-Maths-Collection-Kjartan-Poskitt/dp/B005HVD9GY/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363470325&sr=1-1 My year 4 class and own DCs have loved the different bits that I've lifted from them. Some really interesting reading too and a bargain fro the full set.

Kazooblue Sat 16-Mar-13 14:14:49

Thank you,they look just the ticket.

wintermelonsoup Sat 16-Mar-13 13:45:53

Have looked at AMAZON website.
I bought the following serise of books for my DC. These books are used by schools too.

Maths Plus: Word Problems - by L.J. Frobisher

Kazooblue Sat 16-Mar-13 12:46:35

Oo lovely,any books(for when they're fighting over the Ipad).

Ds has excellent calculations skills but can get frustrated during problem solving, I think because he's not used to having to think things through being used to instantly knowing an answer.

Thought if dp could talk him through a few we could help him to calm down and think calmly,guessing it's a skill to learn???

mrz Sat 16-Mar-13 11:47:31
Kazooblue Sat 16-Mar-13 07:29:51

Many thanks!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now