Woodborough woods Nottingham

(7 Posts)
benetint Tue 05-Mar-13 22:36:38

Hiya, I would love to talk to anyone who has kids here or who knows anything about the school. We are relocating to notts and my friend recommended woods foundation, but her dcs went there 20 years ago! Thanks so much for any help.

adeucalione Wed 06-Mar-13 09:32:07

We used to live in Notts and still have friends who live in this village and use the school - all I know is that it is a very popular, over subscribed school and they are happy with it. I gather that people from the surrounding area (so not Woodborough itself) try really hard to access this school. BUT they tell me that the secondary schools are not very good at all, and they plan to go private.

About 10mins away there is a lovely town, Southwell, that has very good schooling from infants to secondary (the secondary school has a catchment that incorporates several surrounding villages, some of whom also have good primary schools) perhaps you could have a look there, or it might be too far out of the city for you?

GW297 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:38:47

It has a good reputation in Nottingham. That is all I know, sorry! Agree getting into a good secondary school from there may be an issue.

benetint Mon 27-May-13 12:00:54

Thanks so much both of you. I think woodborough leads into Colonel Frank Seely which had great results on the league tables this year - do you know if this is normally a good school? Thanks adeucalione, I think some students from Woodborough do go to Southwell Minster but it must depend on where you live I guess? I will look into houses and primaries in Southwell too, thanks so much.

GW297 Tue 28-May-13 00:25:17

Southwell Minster has a much better reputation.

mummatotwo Tue 28-May-13 17:55:31

Woodborough is not 10 mins away from Southall it is much longer. I would try East Bridgford or Bingham

GW297 Tue 28-May-13 21:13:02

I think loads of the Woodborough children go to Southwell Minster though. You see them all waiting for the bus in the mornings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now