80's theme dress up for Comic relief ...help!

(5 Posts)
Darmont Mon 04-Mar-13 22:47:27

All this stupid dressing up, first book week, now they have to dress up in 80's theme for comic relief. Now you'd think being a child of the 80's I'd be a breeze but I need to do it on a budget as DP recently lost job. Any ideas for a cheap costume for a 5 year old girl would be appreciated. Thanks smile

HeadFairy Mon 04-Mar-13 22:50:25

Cut the feet off any bright and old adult socks (long ones, chunky knit if poss) to make leg warmers.

Length of lace tied up in her hair in the style of Madonna in the Like a Virgin video

Lots of cheap bangles/necklaces

HeadFairy Mon 04-Mar-13 22:52:59

Continuing the Madonna theme (is that appropriate for a 5 year old?) shortish ra-ra style or tiered skirt with leggings underneath.

bellabelly Mon 04-Mar-13 22:54:20

Write RELAX in back marker pen on a big white t-shirt! Job done.

Darmont Tue 05-Mar-13 06:53:44

Like the RELAX idea Bella my sister had one of those t shirts. Reckon the mums might be cringing a bit though with the connotations from that song (little angel would be none the wiser!)

Lace and Madonna theme, good idea thank you Fairy, she's got curly hair too also can make it bigsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now