Sherrardswood School Welwyn

(5 Posts)
discotree Mon 04-Mar-13 17:01:43

Does anyone know anything about this school? I'm considering for my dyslexic daughter (age 7). Any other good independent schools in Herts for dyslexic girls? Abbots Hill pretty much told us they weren't interested - horrible.

blossbloss Mon 04-Mar-13 18:05:23

We had a look around it recently as a potential secondary school for our dd who has dyslexia and a few other bits and bobs. We really liked it. It has an open week this week for the secondary schol but I am sure you could arrange a visit in the lower school also.

Have you looked at St Joseph's in the Park near Hertford? It has an SEN unit for children in years 3 to 6 with dyslexia and dyspraxia and feeds to Sherrardswood. I would really recommend a visit. It's next open morning is Saturday 23rd march but again I'm sure you could arrange a visit outside of that day.

You could try Beechwood Park near Markyate also as I hear it's good with dyslexic children.

HTH

discotree Tue 05-Mar-13 10:29:47

Thanks! Will definitely look at Beechwood as well - it's much closer to us.

foolserrand Tue 05-Mar-13 10:31:49

I was about to suggest St Joseph's! It's the loveliest little school. I've run clubs there. Shall be sending ds there as soon as I can afford the fees!

QueenOfToast Wed 06-Mar-13 13:35:29

Have you thought about Aldenham?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now