Mumsnet, help me!!

(40 Posts)
RudolphLovesoftplay Fri 15-Feb-13 07:55:55

My DS broke up from school last Friday and brought home some homework. He has to fill a takeaway style tub with non perishable objects beginning with "O". I have had a total mind blank all week. He is back on Monday and this blardy box needs filling. HELP, I need some mumsnet inspiration smile

adeucalione Fri 15-Feb-13 08:23:44

anything 'oval'

perhaps not an item of 'opal' jewellery...

RudolphLovesoftplay Fri 15-Feb-13 08:24:16

Mummydolt, that it brilliant!! I don't care if he isn't supposed to have photos, that is what I am doing smile thank you!! Genius <grovel grovel, forever in your debt etc etc>

Thanks everyone, you're lifesavers smile

RudolphLovesoftplay Fri 15-Feb-13 08:25:19

Yeh, homework from preschool. He is 4 soon, is this not normal? He had to make a Christmas collage over the last school holidays.

adeucalione Fri 15-Feb-13 08:25:58

Star Wars figure of Obi Wan Kenobi

Tin of oxtail soup

Oregano

adeucalione Fri 15-Feb-13 08:26:35

Oh sorry, see that you're sorted.

Littleturkish Fri 15-Feb-13 08:26:38

Ah as he is just three, I'll give you a hand ;)

Picture of the OCEAN
Toy OCTOPUS
OAK leaf
Bottle of OIL
Chinese/Japanese patterns ORIENTAL
an OAR

Does that help?!

BalloonSlayer Fri 15-Feb-13 08:27:23

Toy bus - Omnibus
Oliver the Engine from Thomas the Tank Engine
Orangutang - Pic of King Louie from Jungle Book
Oxo cube
Olympic souvenir

CelticPromise Fri 15-Feb-13 08:33:02

Homework from pre school???shock I've never heard of such a thing. DS doesn't get any, think I'd object if he did.

organza
olive stone
order form

GirlOutNumbered Fri 15-Feb-13 08:34:46

In would object too, he's got enough us of homework to come. Can't he just do some playing!

Lego blocks are oblong.

mrz Fri 15-Feb-13 15:31:14

Is there some point to this stupid homework?

ChristmasJubilee Fri 15-Feb-13 16:16:33

Opal fruits, are they non perishable? I can't believe they have homework at 3!

DS goes to a Montessori nursery and a term-time only local one. Neither of them would be so ridiculous as to set homework. Ignore.

Sokmonsta Fri 15-Feb-13 21:16:33

My niece's preschool did something similar as a sponsored activity. Thankfully we only had to jam as many specific coloured objects in as possible. After the first one we got much more devious better. Pictures sounds like a great idea.

LeeCoakley Fri 15-Feb-13 21:20:06

But filling a box with pictures you're going to need hundreds! grin

Since he is only 3, they are probably looking for the sound 'o', not the letter 'o'. So yes to orange crayon, octonaught and olive, no to onions and oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now