Do you think this is acceptable from a CT, pls?

(26 Posts)
imogengladhart Fri 01-Feb-13 09:42:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imogengladhart Tue 05-Feb-13 07:52:53

YellowAndGreenAndRedAndBlue Mon 04-Feb-13 22:21:12

It's very hard. I am no expert on how to persuade schools etc to listen, but for what its worth, to me it sounds like you deserve better. Hope you find some answers.

imogengladhart Sun 03-Feb-13 20:25:15

YellowAndGreenAndRedAndBlue Sun 03-Feb-13 16:48:00

Could you move? Would you or the kids be sad to move? Would you have to move far to get a new GP/school area?

Sorry, hundreds of questions, but this does sound terribly unsatisfactory!

imogengladhart Sun 03-Feb-13 09:41:06

YellowAndGreenAndRedAndBlue Sun 03-Feb-13 08:16:48

Ok, I am really sorry, this sounds horrible. Are there any other schools ou can get him to? Can you get the Harley st doc to write to school or docs up there? Can you take him out or get him signed off for a bit?

What specifically do they attribute your over anxiety to?

If heis saying that, about being tired of beng told off, I personally would not be able to allow that to carry on.

What are your circs, are you working?

imogengladhart Sat 02-Feb-13 21:56:55

bizzey Sat 02-Feb-13 21:24:00

SO...The Ed pysc and Pead are diagnosing you now as well as Ds confused If he is going to be going out of class (and maybe other children?) regulary CT should not blame him for being late ...but just quietly acknowlege him .entering the room and continue with the lesson

imogengladhart Sat 02-Feb-13 20:48:54

YellowAndGreenAndRedAndBlue Fri 01-Feb-13 17:10:46

Who told you you were over anxious? I would also say that saying that to a paren demonstrates breathtaking lack of professionalism.

YellowAndGreenAndRedAndBlue Fri 01-Feb-13 17:09:24

You are not over reacting, you are not being over anxious. You need to make a formal complain and I would investigate other schools tbh.

bizzey Fri 01-Feb-13 16:49:42

Really want to write something useful ...but am too upset right now ....THAT IS AWFUL !!! Yor poor DS and you. My ds goes out of class (finally) for extra support and ...finally now has the confidence to walk back into class 1/2 way through a "lesson" and join in .

He may have missed the beginning bit due to literacy support(and I doubt if he would have "got" "understood"the whole lesson even if he was there for it ),,,but for me to know he does not have an panic attack going into a classroom by himself is just an achievement as knowing the ins and out of the Egypians !!!

Horrible CT ....We had her last year..... she has resigned now !

Good luck ....and push for whole school awareness thing....is it a big school ?

imogengladhart Fri 01-Feb-13 15:30:32

wheresthebeach Fri 01-Feb-13 13:21:00

I think its totally unacceptable to tell a child that the whole class will be cross because he's late. Great way to up the anxiety.

middlesqueezed Fri 01-Feb-13 13:00:07

I'm afraid I can't see how anybody could defend the CT/school combination in this. Poor kid - this is not what he needs and none of it is in any way his fault. Communication within the school sounds poor and CT sounds very unsympathetic. I would request a meeting with HT/DHT and ask them to try to make things run smoother for him before he gets put off completely.

auntevil Fri 01-Feb-13 10:40:30

CT should be dealing with how the other DCs are behaving.
Taking another's property from their bag without permission is stealing.
Snatching things off another child isn't tolerated in Nursery, let alone P3
These are behavioural issues that should be dealt with completely separately from your DS.
If the CT is saying that he shouldn't bring it in because it's always his toy that is mis appropriated, then the word CT is looking for is bullying. Either CT deals with the general situation of taking things out of random bags, random snatching etc, or faces up to the fact that there is a pattern.
Complaints of bullying in England have to be taking seriously - hope the same is applicable in Scotland.

BooksandaCuppa Fri 01-Feb-13 10:37:04

I'd ask for a meeting with the HT. None of what you're describing is acceptable. And in the absence of a massive improvement, I'd move him. Are these people out of the Ark?

imogengladhart Fri 01-Feb-13 10:17:57

imogengladhart Fri 01-Feb-13 10:17:03

learnandsay Fri 01-Feb-13 10:06:41

Then the deputy head is wrong and the other teacher is wrong too. If they're not completely daft they should have been able to predict that keeping him out of class would result in him getting told off. If they didn't realise that then they're bonkers.

auntevil Fri 01-Feb-13 10:06:16

Hello Imogen
Unfortunately, I get torn in these situations.
I see it from a school perspective and a parent's perspective of 1 SN DC, 1 NT DC and 1 being assessed. So I cover pretty much all bases.
If your DS was at school with the SEN teacher, then the lack of communication between DHT organising the session and CT is at fault, and CT should apologise and explain to your DS that she is not cross with him. DS1 has OT prior to registration and his CT has never chewed him out.
I have also seen days when 5 or 6 children have rocked in late, at different times, whilst the CT has started the lesson. It is chronically disruptive. The impetus of any lesson is lost, children who are easily distracted lose focus and often there has to be repetition of what has been said to clarify.
We have also had problems with items being brought into school. The rule for all is that no-one should bring anything in unless asked to. Problem is, either DCs bring it in without parents knowing, or parents let them. This is fine until something goes missing, is broken or causes upset. If you know a child can't deal with any of the above, don't let them bring things in.
Knowing that the school isn't the most friendly SN caring school in the world, I would pick your battle. Work on getting the relationship back on track with the CT. Do you think it would help if CT explained to him that she did not know where he was and that she realises now that he had done nothing wrong - just to get the ball rolling?

mummytime Fri 01-Feb-13 10:05:07

iMHO the class teacher is acting totally out of order.
Are you keeping a written record of incidents?
I would probably complain in writing to the SENCo and/or DHT.
You could also take him to you GP after an event and get them to note yor DSs anxiety.

imogengladhart Fri 01-Feb-13 09:50:31

imogengladhart Fri 01-Feb-13 09:48:55

learnandsay Fri 01-Feb-13 09:48:36

It's not very diplomatic but there's nothing expressly wrong with it. The teacher is being cross because a child is late to her lesson. That's fair enough. The other teacher was wrong to keep him so late if he should have been somewhere else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now